“What a nice surprise”
Review of La Collina d'Oro

La Collina d'Oro
Reserve with
La Collina d'Oro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 8,634 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2016

I normally stay away from generic "Asian" restaurants, but I have to say this place is the exception. They offer some Chinese (dim sum), Japanese (mostly sushi) and Thai food, but with a good overall quality: the dim sum was creative and tasty, and the sushi (in particular the one with lobster) was nicely prepared with fresh ingredients and tasty rice. Not the best sushi in Milan but for the price we paid it was totally worth it. Special mention to the management, the are very nice and welcoming.

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

Visited this Asian place with my asian partner. With all the places offering menu from Chinese, Tai and Japanese are a bit suspicious. The food was average for me but my asian partner was difficulty to recognize the dishes on the menu. Bad suprise with the bill where the 5 eur cover charge was added and while asking about it was said it is everywhere in Italy. No mentioning on the menu though.
Not recommended for tourist if getting those kind of sites"suprises" is not really what you enjoy.

2  Thank Mihkel R
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Modern fusion restaurant, both japanese and thai food very good.
Great sushi platter.Staff friendly and helpful, cheap if compared with restaurant of the same level in Milan

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Fresh fish hence good Sushi but the Asian selection is also very good! the thai soups are delicious as are the curries! Definitely worth a detour!

1  Thank Georgypop
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

It was Friday night when we've decided that it was time for a sushi meal. We've looked around and we've decided to give credit to all the good comments read about "La collina d'oro".

It was exactly as expected.

We walked in and we were welcome with a very good positive attitude even though we had no reservation . So, here's a first tip. Book well in advanced during weekends as the place gets crowdy.

The venue looks pretty new. Clean, bright and accommodating .

ref the food, It wasn't easy for me as I'm not familiar with Asian food but the personnel -kind and fast -made it easy. I had a series of their typical starters between veg and shrimps "ravioli and involtini" to then carry on with a Rame noodles in veg & fishy sauce to finish up with their sushi & sashimi plateu at 23€ only which I founded amazing.

Food was delicious and fish sashimi from the plateus very tasty and fresh. It was a brilliant choice and an amazing experience.

Ratio quality cost was fair, around 30€ each which is little considering the quality of the food.

Next time I will come down to try the chef noodles making it fresh on the spot on just behind the counter lifting and playing with the pasta Dough entertaining the customer .

I will be back.