“Great Location, no so great service”
Review of Capital Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milan
Capital Suites
Ranked #201 of 290 Speciality Lodging in Milan
Reviewed 20 May 2015

The positives: The apartment I stayed in faced a courtyard so it was quiet. The modern studio apartment and bathroom is very spacious with small kitchenette; it was very clean and tidy. It is very well located, in walking distance to DaVinci's Last Supper, Cadorna station, Sforza Castle. Overall, a nice residential area.

Negatives: As many have mentioned, the WIFI didn't work so this must not be a temporary problem since many have mentioned it. I was also given an alternative WIFI signal to try but it didn't work either. When I advised the lady on the same day that checked us in, she said, since it was a holiday weekend, the internet company wouldn't be able to fix it. That's understandable, what isn't is that others have also complained about the WIFI so it seems to be a regular problem which still hasn't been fixed. And, then each guest is mislead and told the WIFI "just went out". If I was in Milan solely for leisure, maybe this wouldn't be as much of an issue but I was also there for work so WIFI was needed even more. Luckily, there was a cafe down the road that I could go to but this was not the intention (to work in a cafe) when I booked the apartment.

The shower is modern yet has barely any water pressure! It is nearly impossible to wash your hair.

I was also told, as others have mentioned, that the apartment would have some kind of welcome/starter kit in the kitchen. We didn't even have a bottle of water in the fridge. I text the lady that checked us in about this and she never addressed it or got back to me about it (I was there for 3 days). If this service isn't offered anymore, then take it off of your booking info and confirmation and don't position the apartments as something of "luxury" and of offering "extra services" because that was not the case here.
And, guests, be prepared to bring all toiletries and things needed for the kitchen because the apartment was completely empty. I have stayed in many vacation rentals in the past and, at least a bottle of water, milk, sugar, soap,etc would be provided. Some places are generous enough to leave a bottle of wine. No, it's not necessary, but if you advertise something, then deliver on it. It's a shame, because the apartment is well appointed and in a good location so, if they can get their customer service and WIFI fixed, then it worth a try.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 May 2015

Pros: It was quiet, spacious, clean, modern, and very well-located though. The building felt secure even during the Expo riots right outside on 1 May 2015. Walking distance to Da Vinci's The Last Supper, Cadorna station, Sforza Castle. Nice area.
Cons: This is listed on booking.com as "Air-conditioned accommodation [...] comes stocked with a variety of breakfast products such as croissants and jams." While there may be an air conditioner installed, they refuse to turn it on until mid-May, and we were there 2 nights at the beginning of May. Also, our kitchen was not stocked with any food at all. Additionally, we could not connect to the free wi-fi as it was down. We were given the password to a neighbor's wi-fi and could only connect in the stairwell.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2015

Absolutely terrible, my partner and I stayed here for two nights to see a concert and the first night we arrived the electricity blew six times in quick succession, with the porter downstairs having to keep resetting the trip. When questioning the porter (who was on the phone to the proprietors) we were asked if we were using a dodgy adaptor, when infact we were using the hairdryer provided, in the end I had to go out in winter with wet hair and unable to get ready properly by having to avoid anything through plug sockets.
The bed is a double camp bed, which they have put a queen size base and headboard on to make it look nice, apart from the bed nearly tipping if two people are laying close on one side and a four inch gap all around the camp bed frame to the queen size base.
The heating is noisy, and didnt work in the bedroom so we woke freezing in the middle of the night. The first day the wifi did not work either.
The second day we woke and tried to make porridge in the microwave, the electricity blew again. There was no porter downstairs and no wifi so we sent the lady who gave us the keys the night before a text message asking her to meet us at the property - no reply, we waited for an hour before giving up with the electricity and any hope she would turn up. To add, we finally got a response from her at 18:30 saying she was the other side of town and couldnt meet us.
Later that day I emailed Stefano, who appears to answer the emails - I asked him for a partial refund due to the poor electricity and in effect ruining our trip, his response was that the electricity had worked fine before we arrived and I would have to request one in writing - which I thought I already had done by writing and email.
Five days have gone past since checking out and I have emailed five times now in total requesting a refund and everytime I have been ignored - this apartment is horrendous and I would avoid at all costs, it completely ruined our trip.
Also, on our final night we came back to the apartment late to find two people on the doorstep, claiming that they had booked the other apartment and had arranged a check in time an hour beforehand, but no one had shown up to let them in.
Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A very central apartment in Milan, very close to Tram 16. The tram passes in front of the flat… (in one way it goes to the Duomo, in the other way it goes to the San Siro stadium – Interesting for football lovers)! The closest Tram is less than 5 minutes walk only (Stop Santa Maria Della Grazie, where De Vinci’s Last Supper is exposed!). You can find more central hotels for 3 times the price per night, but here the size of the flat was more than 2 times an average room in a very good 4-star hotel.

Within 15 minutes walk only, you can be at the Duomo, the heart of Milan! From there, you are in the middle of many touristic places, restaurants, open-deck buses to visit the surroundings, etc…

With the price and location, cleanliness was also a big plus! We didn’t see the cleaning staff but they come every day. Housekeeping management (as it was said) was under the responsibility of Kristina. The same person was supposed to welcome us on our arrival (It was brief and not very warm… we were left in the cold streets for nearly half an hour when she was already present in the flat! I believe there was a misunderstanding somewhere but no apologizes! We were just handed the invoice and told about "here"s the kitchen, here's the bathroom, that's the WIFI password...")

The large bed (queensize, 1m60 wide) was very comfortable and beddings were perfect too for a good night’s sleep. However, we stayed during some building’s work period and the noise started quite early. Anyway, when the first Trams start their service, and when this transport passes in front of the building, there is some shaking in the whole apartment – Not very nice as wake-up! By the way (and to come back to our lovely not-so-useful Kristina), the tram-stop is on the right when you leave the flat – She didn’t know that! Very strange for someone who welcomes and deals with tourists!!!

On Booking, it says there is a breakfast "pack" or some stuff to eat in the morning! We only had Earl gray tea bags, coffee and corn flakes! No croissant, no milk, no fruit juice available (Luckily, there is a useful small shop to buy things on moving out towards the Santa Maria Della Grazie).

Room Tip: 5 minutes walk to the Santa Maria Della Grazie (Tram to Duomo, San Siro... and exposition of De Vinc...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I concur with the comments made by Terry P of Chicago in May 2013.
We made a booking for 4 nights in July 2013. We confirmed by email the flight number and approximate time of arrival as requested. When we arrived at the apartments, we were eventually greeted by the doorman of a adjoining building, who wasn’t sure of our allocated apartment. He presumably rang the owners who choose not to come to the apartments, however our allocated apartment was eventually sorted out. The next day a kindly gentleman rang the owners/managers on my behalf, I spoke to them requesting that they meet us at the apartments. I was cut off and they didn’t turn up. During the whole of our stay they didn’t show up. Breakfast was a non entity despite their claims that a menu would be presented the evening before. We were left with some fresh milk , and some sort of bread/cake in plastic, in a cupboard together with some nuttex and conserves. We spoke to the tourist information service about this and apart from giving me the email address to lodge a formal complaint with the tourist bureau, they suggested that owners/managers would probably be unlicenced. Just before we were due to leave a Dario Daniele the general manager sent an email to us trusting everything was fine and they had tried contacting us several times (not by email) and when I tried to reply by email (our only means of communication) we were blocked, also on their main email site. Their site offers a 24/7 service and breakfast served in the room. The shower was so small that a large person would not be able to get in it, there was also no soap or shower gel provided. There is no service and we had no breakfast. My advice to fellow travellers is to give this place a very big big miss.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple