“Good location....that's where the good stuff ended!”
Review of Capital Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milan
Capital Suites
Ranked #201 of 290 Speciality Lodging in Milan
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Good location - less than 10 mins walk from the Duomo. Everything else was very poor.
Booking & Property not fit for purpose:
Address incorrect on booking confirmation - had to email (no response) and then ring TWICE to get correct address, turns out it was a mobile number so got hit for that cost too!

As requested, rang when an hour away from apartment - despite this, apartment was not ready and still had to be cleaned, so we had to leave our belongings and head out without getting a chance to change/freshen up.

Damaged wood flooring in hallway, outside bathroom - EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS. See attached photos. We had to place some clothing on this to prevent bashing our toes all the time.

Shower is designed in a wetroom style, but not effective in containing water spray from shower, resulting in flooding in bathroom and all items in bathroom getting soaked (even those hung on hooks, or on sink unit)

Cheap & nasty bedding - attached photo says it all....

Random very large picture sitting on floor in hallway - why?? Was this just dumped here for no apparent reason?

Insufficient cutlery, glasses, equipment in kitchen - didn't lend itself to being 'self-catering'

No-where to leave luggage after check out on final day, so had to drag it around Milan with us

AC only in the bedroom

Excessive building works taking place in neighbouring building resulting in excessive noise levels (drills, sanders, God knows what!), so not possible to be in the apartment during working hours.

All in all, very disappointed with the condition of the property and would not recommend it to future travelers. I stayed in some pretty poor establishments 20 years ago when backpacking, but this was shocking - I cannot believe they charge people to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't book with these...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 August 2015

The information and imagery from the owner make one believe it is a 1BR apartment, which can conveniently accommodate 4 adults. Instead we were given a studio room with two of us having to sleep on a sofa bed. On the negative side: the beds are pathetic and electricity was shut down once, but fortunately the cleaning staff was around to turn it back on in the cellar. On the positive side: very central (although do make sure you know which street you book on, the owner rents at two different locations without making it perfectly clear), high ceilings, very clean.

Room Tip: Do confirm the address and ask if it is a 1BR or a studio!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2015

The positives: The apartment I stayed in faced a courtyard so it was quiet. The modern studio apartment and bathroom is very spacious with small kitchenette; it was very clean and tidy. It is very well located, in walking distance to DaVinci's Last Supper, Cadorna station, Sforza Castle. Overall, a nice residential area.

Negatives: As many have mentioned, the WIFI didn't work so this must not be a temporary problem since many have mentioned it. I was also given an alternative WIFI signal to try but it didn't work either. When I advised the lady on the same day that checked us in, she said, since it was a holiday weekend, the internet company wouldn't be able to fix it. That's understandable, what isn't is that others have also complained about the WIFI so it seems to be a regular problem which still hasn't been fixed. And, then each guest is mislead and told the WIFI "just went out". If I was in Milan solely for leisure, maybe this wouldn't be as much of an issue but I was also there for work so WIFI was needed even more. Luckily, there was a cafe down the road that I could go to but this was not the intention (to work in a cafe) when I booked the apartment.

The shower is modern yet has barely any water pressure! It is nearly impossible to wash your hair.

I was also told, as others have mentioned, that the apartment would have some kind of welcome/starter kit in the kitchen. We didn't even have a bottle of water in the fridge. I text the lady that checked us in about this and she never addressed it or got back to me about it (I was there for 3 days). If this service isn't offered anymore, then take it off of your booking info and confirmation and don't position the apartments as something of "luxury" and of offering "extra services" because that was not the case here.
And, guests, be prepared to bring all toiletries and things needed for the kitchen because the apartment was completely empty. I have stayed in many vacation rentals in the past and, at least a bottle of water, milk, sugar, soap,etc would be provided. Some places are generous enough to leave a bottle of wine. No, it's not necessary, but if you advertise something, then deliver on it. It's a shame, because the apartment is well appointed and in a good location so, if they can get their customer service and WIFI fixed, then it worth a try.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2015

Pros: It was quiet, spacious, clean, modern, and very well-located though. The building felt secure even during the Expo riots right outside on 1 May 2015. Walking distance to Da Vinci's The Last Supper, Cadorna station, Sforza Castle. Nice area.
Cons: This is listed on booking.com as "Air-conditioned accommodation [...] comes stocked with a variety of breakfast products such as croissants and jams." While there may be an air conditioner installed, they refuse to turn it on until mid-May, and we were there 2 nights at the beginning of May. Also, our kitchen was not stocked with any food at all. Additionally, we could not connect to the free wi-fi as it was down. We were given the password to a neighbor's wi-fi and could only connect in the stairwell.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2015

Absolutely terrible, my partner and I stayed here for two nights to see a concert and the first night we arrived the electricity blew six times in quick succession, with the porter downstairs having to keep resetting the trip. When questioning the porter (who was on the phone to the proprietors) we were asked if we were using a dodgy adaptor, when infact we were using the hairdryer provided, in the end I had to go out in winter with wet hair and unable to get ready properly by having to avoid anything through plug sockets.
The bed is a double camp bed, which they have put a queen size base and headboard on to make it look nice, apart from the bed nearly tipping if two people are laying close on one side and a four inch gap all around the camp bed frame to the queen size base.
The heating is noisy, and didnt work in the bedroom so we woke freezing in the middle of the night. The first day the wifi did not work either.
The second day we woke and tried to make porridge in the microwave, the electricity blew again. There was no porter downstairs and no wifi so we sent the lady who gave us the keys the night before a text message asking her to meet us at the property - no reply, we waited for an hour before giving up with the electricity and any hope she would turn up. To add, we finally got a response from her at 18:30 saying she was the other side of town and couldnt meet us.
Later that day I emailed Stefano, who appears to answer the emails - I asked him for a partial refund due to the poor electricity and in effect ruining our trip, his response was that the electricity had worked fine before we arrived and I would have to request one in writing - which I thought I already had done by writing and email.
Five days have gone past since checking out and I have emailed five times now in total requesting a refund and everytime I have been ignored - this apartment is horrendous and I would avoid at all costs, it completely ruined our trip.
Also, on our final night we came back to the apartment late to find two people on the doorstep, claiming that they had booked the other apartment and had arranged a check in time an hour beforehand, but no one had shown up to let them in.
Avoid at all costs.