“Super-good Osso Buco”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bicocca
Description: Cucina Tipica Milanese / Lombarda
Reviewed 3 May 2017

It is surprisingly difficult to find a good Osso Buco in Milan. The completely un-pretentious Osteria Al Portone makes an excellent version! The two of us had two different, both very tasty Risotto's as first courses, a bottle of Barbaresco to follow, and Tiramisu as dessert - and all at a very reasonable price!

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Nice and cozy, we had lunch. I followed the suggestion of the chef (strozzapreti with sausage, pumpkin and grated amaretti): not bad however I would have chosen a different kind of pasta. Pork shank with potatoes puree for main, again not bad however it was more boiled than roasted. Tiramisu excellent like an affordable Gutturnio. The table around were looking happier than me, maybe I have to come back.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Best food we had in Milan, the host was very friendly and there is an English translation of the menu available. We felt bad we had had a huge lunch and couldn't try all the courses here. Wine list is very affordable.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

We were in a big party for an office dinner during the week.
We started with shared appetizers, with good ham, lardon and local pickles, then everyone ordered to their choice.
Dishes were Ok, but I was expecting something better.
Prices are reasonable

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

A cosy little restaurant, charming service and a delicious meal that reminded me of one of my mom's home-cooked dishes. Try ossobucco (with mashed potatoes instead of risotto) - it was amazing. The three courses ended with a nice surprise on the house... Worth a (returning) visit!