“very good location, basic and cleanish”
Review of Mondial Milano

Mondial Milano
Ranked #208 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I traveled solo for a quick stop over in Milan. I chose this hotel because it is very close to the train station as well as metro. There are lots of food places near by as well as grocery so a big plus. The room was very basic. I didn't find the washroom too clean. Toilet was a bit dirty, but I cleaned it myself. bedding was quite clean and good housekeeping. Bed was comfortable and plenty of heating .
One staff was a bit rude when I brought my friend who was also travelling over. breakfast was VERy basic, but hey, its free. Other staff members were quite friendly and spoke English. I think as a solo traveller looking for a convenient place to stay, this is perfect, but I would look somewhere else if youre looking for more comfort.
I would recommend this for a quick stopover in Milan.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We were looking for an hotel in the center of the city. This one was available at the moment. So we made the reservation. It looks like a boutique hotel but I am not so sure. There is no elevator in the building which is a problem for tourists as they have to carry their own suitcases to the upper floors. Rooms are clean. There is no any mini size refrigerator in rooms which is also a problem for people who wants to drink something cold. Breakfast is so poor. Everyday its same. No meat, olives, salad ..etc. Tables are small and you have to finish your breakfast quick for other guests. Our room number was 209 on the second floor. There was no city view. Just from the balcony you see the backside of the hotel garden. Our room was located next to Hotel Eden. We did not sleep for 3 days just because of the noises coming from top of our room, from stairs and next room from hotel Eden. A couple was having ..... all night long and we had to hear all of them. People were using stairs all night long and they were shouting a lot. If there was an elevator this would not be a problem for us. Also there is no noise insulation made to the hotel as it is too old building. My suggestion is if you are going to stay in the hotel just stay on top floor and choose a room which is not next to hotel Eden.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 209 which was too noisy. Try to stay on top floor but on the opposite side...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

This is a 2 star hotel, and a very good one! Good location about 10 min walk from the trainstation! Lots of food places around! And a walk from everything in the center! First of all , supernice staff! Good rooms, and bathroom with space (room 104) ! Room 104 has a nice balcony facing the backyard! Very comfy bed and nice linnen! It's very clean and fresh overall! Only negative is you hear sounds from the stairways and from other rooms, so if one is sensetive, earplugs will do the job! The including breakfast is basic and continental , for my taste enough! Free Wifi and works ok in the room just for reading and search on the internet. Uploading pictures are more grueling! Overall, if i get a good deal i would hesitate to stay here again !

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2015

It is a hotel that offers a good value for the price you pay, having a good location close to the central station with nice restaurants and shops around.
The people who work there were helpful and friendly.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 18 June 2015

I had a great experience at the Mondial Milano - very clean room, the staff were helpful and kind, and it was conveniently located. Basic options for breakfast but overall it was a pleasant experience. I traveled alone and had no issues regarding safety around the area at all. Would recommend as a budget destination!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo