“Great bakery that is gluten free!”
Review of GluFree Bakery

GluFree Bakery
Ranked #2 of 276 Bakeries in Milan
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Glu Free was a brilliant find. Our daughter is celiac and stepping inside the cute bakery and knowing she could order everything she saw was pure bliss! Even better was the taste of everything the tried! From the focaccia to pizza to arancini balls to various pastries. All delicious! My husband and I had our lunch there also and agreed that everything (except maybe the croissants) tasted as good as the "gluten" version. The staff were also fantastic. Did their best to communicate with us in English and helped us pick the best choices! If we had stayed in Milan, we would have gone everyday!

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

We went here to eat a little something. We wanted to taste everything but that would be too much

We ate something sweet and something hearty. Both were nice. The bakery has 11 chairs to sit and 1 kids chair.

After we left we got something to take with us for our walk, so sweat!!!

So if you want to eat something glute or veggie go over and grab a bite. It rocks!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I found this bakery by accident in Milan. What a great find. I am coeliac and this place was heaven. The quality is fantastic and far better than many other gluten free bakeries I have visited in Europe. Definitely worth the visit!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

What a thrill to walk into GluFree Bakery! There was an amazingly large variety of GF foods - and not just a few usual items -- lots of new and enticing specialty pastries and other foods -- I wanted to taste everything! And everything I did eat was super-deliziosa! I am happy to give the highest review possible for GluFree Bakery. Everyone should go there.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

After being diagnosed with celiac about 24 hours before studying abroad in Italy, I was extremely worried about finding options to eat. GluFree Bakery/Cafe has been a lifesaver this semester and seems to be a popular choice among locals as well.

The cafe offers a wide variety of options to eat - freshly-made bread, crepes, pasta dishes, mini pizzas, arancino, crepes, desserts, cake, and more. The coffee/beverage selection is extensive as well; the latte macchiato with cinnamon has become a staple for me. I can honestly say that I have loved every dish I have tried there - arancino with spinach is amazing, crepes, pasta, mini pizza, some sort of sandwich with meat sauce, etc.

Unlike lots of GF food that tastes bland/the texture is off, GluFree has really great food that is clearly handmade and tastes like normal food. I have brought several friends who do not have celiac and they couldn't tell that the food was GF :)

The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and the service is generally quick (which is not always the case in Italy). A few of the staff members recognize me now (since I have been here so many times) and are so, so kind. They all really seem to care about the place and its customers. There is free wifi and lots of comfortable seating options, so it's a great place to relax and study as well - a nice environment.

There are other gluten-free culinary options in Milan for sure - whether it's seafood, veggies, or select dishes at a few restaurants - but I keep returning to GluFree. Would highly recommend for anyone who has celiac or just wants to try a local cafe!