“Good but not great food”
Review of Ristorante Patelli

Ristorante Patelli
Ranked #48 of 638 Restaurants in Trento
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I dislike scallops so my husband orders them when we go out quite often. But his scallop and artichoke appetizer was a few shrimp and artichoke. I ordered the salad that sounded like it had the most lettuce and also had brie, and the ubiquitous think sliced meat, and lots of it. After chewing on a piece of this meat for five minutes I had to spit it out. That's never happened, it usually melts in your mouth. But no problem, I don't want that meat, it simply seems to be included in appetizer and salad plates. The seaweed pasta with shrimp a d crab ( couldn't taste the crab) was okay. What was really good wasy husband's pasta with duck ragout. The half carafe of white wine was unquestionably the worst I can remember, but the red wines are quite good, perhaps I should stick to them. The chocolate almond cake was okay, my husband's meringue with chocolate even better. The restaurant has a lovely ambiance.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This unassuming little restaurant over by the old city wall is well worth searching out. The small amount of outside seating is a bit misleading : inside there is a large and very comfortable dining room. The food is good, the service attentive and friendly. A very classy little place.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This restaurant has a tradition of home made pastas. I've eaten a lot of homemade pasta (and I make them also at home) but this was really the top. My wife had a very good one. I had the best! It was a fresh pasta with crab and seaweed. More than perfect.
Add on this a good housewine, a gentle and correct service, a quiet place close to the center and rather low prices. What else do you want more?

Reviewed 17 April 2017

The food is really good and they have a good wine selection. The staff is nice and helpful. The location is very central but it's not a "touristy" place.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

If you are looking for good Italian food for a reasonable price, this is the place. It's not cheap, but far from expensive. Traditional with a nice selection of dishes.