“Hotel Mignon - practically my home in Cervinia”
Review of Hotel Mignon

Hotel Mignon
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Breuil-Cervinia
Reviewed 20 February 2016

It's not my first time visitng Hotel Mignon, and each time I'm so excited to come back! The 3 sisters that run the hotel are always welcoming, the hotel is cosy and warm and it feels like coming back home.The rooms are always very clean, the beds are comfortable (a very important advantage after a full day of skiing) and the food served for breakfast and dinner is excellent.

All staff members are very kind. We arrived for a family vacation, including little children, who might make it more difficult for the staff to work. But here, in hotel Mignon, I never felt uncomfortable for having my kids there. I appriciate it very much!

Thank you Christiana, Gabriella, Suzi, Paolo, Monica, Francesca & Francesca, Lucca and Fabrizio (I hope I didn't forget anyone...) for a wonderful vacation! Can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: Take the half pension option, and enjoy the great dinner. Bring your slippers :-)
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Well, after 20 years of returning to this home-away-from-home hotel, and most of the years two or three times, I feel I'm reviewing my friends. As indeed they are. My daughter was only 7 years old when Paolo (the husband of Christiana, one of the three sisters owning the hotel), who is a legendary ski-instructor, began teaching her the secrets of artful skiing. Now we're coming with our grandchildren, and they are getting the same caring and affectionate treatment.
The hotel is very comfortable, spotless clean, most of the mattresses were changed last year, and each room has all the amenities intended to make your stay comfortable and cosy. There is a sense of security, like at home, so children, who are welcome, can be allowed to circulate freely, or be left asleep in the room while parents are having dinner downstairs.
Food is wonderful - due to Fabrizzio the cook and one of the sisters, Suzy, who takes care of the dessert. I warmly recommend taking the half-board, breakfast and dinner. The waiters, Lucca, and the two Francescas, are very professional and very friendly, and each guest is pampered and well cared for. The hot chocolate prepared at the bar, is one of the best, after being out in the cold.
There are single, double and even triple rooms in which an extra bed or cot can be added, the bathrooms are comfortable, some with walk-in showers, some with bathtubs.
The ski-room has been recently renovated, and the living room in the basement is a very cosy place to spend time with those grandchildren who were not skiing, watching Dvds we've brought from home.
I feel I've been selfish till now, not telling about this jewel, but I rectify this now.

Room Tip: I like walk-in showers.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

This family run hotel is the perfect location for a family ski vacation - just a three minute walk from the chairlift to the slopes, located on the Main Street next to plenty of restaurants (not that you'd need them if you chose the half board option, and believe me, it is well worth it!), shops and ski rental places.

We were made to feel at home by Christiana, Gabriella, Suzy, Paolo, and the entire crew of the hotel, making sure we had everything we need, caring for our dietary restrictions, and simply allowing us to enjoy a wonderful snowy week in one of the highest ski resorts in Europe.

As for dining, breakfast is a treat, with a buffet filled with freshly baked pastries, as well as other condiments, and hot dishes, meats and cheeses readily available.

The real deal though is dinner - where hotel Fabrizzio cooks up a different gourmet meal every day. With a choice from three first courses and three main courses, you are guaranteed to find something to your taste, and when a homemade pasta dish is available - do not hesitate to take it (and of course, you can always choose another first course as your main...).

We've been coming back to Hotel Mignon for years now, and will sure be back again for our next ski vacation.

Room hint - most rooms have two single beds that can be put together into a double, however there is a gap between mattresses. There are a few double beds available - just ask.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

We returned to this little hotel again this year as we enjoyed it so much last year. It's right in the centre of town, two minute walk (literally) to a chair lift, pretty, atmospheric, clean, great service, very good breakfast (especially the mini doughnuts....), value for money (I would say it's a 3star) and is owned and run by a delightful family of sisters. It also has a super new ski room.

I would highly recommend this hotel and have therefore given it 5 stars.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2016

We stayed at Hotel Mignon on our first visit to Breuil-Cervinia and were not disappointed. The hotel is well-located. It is near the ski lift (right behind the hotel), ice-skating rink (a 5 min walk) and a lot of good restaurants (try the one right opposite!). Service here is great and the owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. Our father tore his ligament whilst skiing here, and they went out of their way to help make our stay more comfortable.

Unfortunately, while we were there (Christmas 2015), the weather was uncharacteristically warm and the ski lift right behind wasn't connected to the rest of the lifts like it normally would. Thus, we had to go to the main ski lift which is not that far but a little inconvenient as there are a lot of steps and coming back is troublesome with all the ski equipment as there are lots of stairs to climb.

Nonetheless, the hotel itself is great. The rooms look better in real life than in pictures, and are very clean and well-maintained. They make their own soap, shampoo and body scrub which is really cute.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family