“Disappointing Hotel Centrale Courmayeur”

Hotel Centrale Courmayeur
Hotel Centrale Courmayeur
Ranked #41 of 42 Hotels in Courmayeur
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Booked the hotel via Booking.com and was just looking for a reasonable deal, paid about £70 per night just for the room, breakfast was 9 euro more. The hotel is as the name implies very central to the village / town and sits just off the main street where the majority of shops and restaurants/ bars are situated. The hotel was clean and the room very basic with a single bed, very small TV and wardrobe etc. what I did not realise and cannot recall when booking was there was no bathroom, I had a cracked sink but no bathroom. I was quite surprised as I cannot recall the last time I stayed anywhere and did not have an en suite. Anyway I got on with trotting down the hall to use the bathroom but I have to say I would not book into this hotel again knowing that I would have no en suit.

I had also requested an early check in when I booked last September which I know is not a given but even so thought arriving at noon was not that early, but no I could not have the room until 2pm. I then requested a late check out as I was leaving at 5.30 pm and was going to be out skiing all day but again I was denied. They did however allow me to take a shower in the sauna area in the basement.

To summarise, clean and functional but disappointing that the flexibility was not there and the room devoid of a shower and toilet!!

Room Tip: Ask if you get an en suite before you book
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed with my sons and their grandad for a Monday to Friday ski break.
The other reviews are s bit mixed but didn't worry us on a boys trip (may have done if the girls were joining us!)
Dead central. Just off the towns charming Main Street where many great restaurants and bars are. Not 10 minutes stroll to the ski lift. Ski lockers in hotel but we opted for hire and lockers just opposite the ski lift so really convenient.
My 5th or so trip to courmayeur over the years but first here. For a budget central no frills ski hotel - it's exactly what's needed. Nice staff (who are pleased to help with restaurant bookings) the usual breakfast and the beds are fine after a beer or two. (Oh and as for the review saying the rooms are too hot - there's a thermostat on the wall !)
No problem in recommending to anyone wanting a 3 star great value place to stay in a fantastic place for a few days trip.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2016

I have stayed in this hotel with my colleagues for an extended skiing weekend. The location is great, few meters away from the main shopping street (very expensive shopping street with designer shops, little boutique and crafts shops), about 10 minutes walk from gondola lift. The hotel itself is pretty basic, but we didn't spend much time in the room. In the evening when everyone was back to get ready for dinner after skiing the shower was quite cold. We did not have a shower curtain or the screen in out bathroom.
Beds are quite hard, but i actually prefer them that way, but the pillows were a bit too hard. We had a room with a balcony and a beautiful view on the mountains. Kept the balcony door open over night as it was too hot in the room.
They serve a "continental" breakfast with some choices of pastries, bread and ham/cheese, plus some cereals and yogurts, if you want a cooked breakfast you need to pay extra. Sauna in the hotel has to be booked in advance and it costs Eur12. Lots of nice restaurant and bars within the walking distance. Generally a good budget place to stay during your skiing trip.
We have arrived in the evening around 11:00pm and were asked to leave our passports/ID cards at the reception for the registration, but the reception staff was not done with them by 8:20am when were leaving after breakfast. I wasn't pleased about that....
oh and the wifi is very slow! Maybe its better when everyone left skiing or out at night, but whats the point then!?

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2015

Booked a great ski weekend with Ski Solutions, staying at Hotel Centrale. The accommodation was good and teh breakfast s were nice and we had the option to pay a little more for a lovely hot meal which we did. The service was superb - very friendly staff and genuine warm welcome. Very close to good restaurants, the old town, lovely bars and perhaps most important the gondola.

Could not have been a better trip.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2015

Unfortunately for us, our room had a very strong cold smoke smell, as I guess the hotel allows clients before us to smoke inside the room (I do smoke myself, so it gives an ideas of how bad was the smell if I was disturb). The room was room was very small with wool covers ... bathroom small and old.

Despite all those negatives points, the staff was very nice trying to help + very good location.

But we will not go back.

Room Tip: ask big rooms with balcony
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends