“Lovely stay in Courmayeur”

Hotel Centrale Courmayeur
Hotel Centrale Courmayeur
Ranked #41 of 42 Hotels in Courmayeur
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Centrale Hotel is very conveniently located in the old part of Courmayeur near shops, bars and restaurants and only a short walk to the gondola, but we were never disturbed by late night partygoers. We had a large bedroom with an en suite (shower) and very comfortable bed.
The staff were all charming and most helpful and friendly.
Our only problem was very intermittent wifi signal, although it was better in the lounge, breakfast room than in our bedroom - although, our daughter's bedroom on the top floor had excellent wifi!
Overall, a lovely short break.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 January 2017

After booking my reservation more than one month ago as thought that this looked like a nice place, a few days later decided to contact the hotel to confirm the booking as it was a present for some friends. By phone the receptionist informed me that all was ok and the credit card details were fine. I then left the country to go on holiday with no email access and discovered at my return 1 month after initial booking and 2 weeks before arrival that they CANCELLED my booking. Without contacting me as apparently their was a problem with the credit card ( witch their isn't)
I then contacted the reception desk today and the staff very clearly screaming down the phone saying it was all my fault. I would not like to be guests at this hotel after this client relation.
I use booking.com very frequently and this is the FIRST time this situation has ever happened to me. From previous experiences hotels have even messaged me to confirm arrivals and food preferences etc.... all I can say is that this hotel must not need the clientele.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Booked the hotel via Booking.com and was just looking for a reasonable deal, paid about £70 per night just for the room, breakfast was 9 euro more. The hotel is as the name implies very central to the village / town and sits just off the main street where the majority of shops and restaurants/ bars are situated. The hotel was clean and the room very basic with a single bed, very small TV and wardrobe etc. what I did not realise and cannot recall when booking was there was no bathroom, I had a cracked sink but no bathroom. I was quite surprised as I cannot recall the last time I stayed anywhere and did not have an en suite. Anyway I got on with trotting down the hall to use the bathroom but I have to say I would not book into this hotel again knowing that I would have no en suit.

I had also requested an early check in when I booked last September which I know is not a given but even so thought arriving at noon was not that early, but no I could not have the room until 2pm. I then requested a late check out as I was leaving at 5.30 pm and was going to be out skiing all day but again I was denied. They did however allow me to take a shower in the sauna area in the basement.

To summarise, clean and functional but disappointing that the flexibility was not there and the room devoid of a shower and toilet!!

Room Tip: Ask if you get an en suite before you book
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed with my sons and their grandad for a Monday to Friday ski break.
The other reviews are s bit mixed but didn't worry us on a boys trip (may have done if the girls were joining us!)
Dead central. Just off the towns charming Main Street where many great restaurants and bars are. Not 10 minutes stroll to the ski lift. Ski lockers in hotel but we opted for hire and lockers just opposite the ski lift so really convenient.
My 5th or so trip to courmayeur over the years but first here. For a budget central no frills ski hotel - it's exactly what's needed. Nice staff (who are pleased to help with restaurant bookings) the usual breakfast and the beds are fine after a beer or two. (Oh and as for the review saying the rooms are too hot - there's a thermostat on the wall !)
No problem in recommending to anyone wanting a 3 star great value place to stay in a fantastic place for a few days trip.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2016

I have stayed in this hotel with my colleagues for an extended skiing weekend. The location is great, few meters away from the main shopping street (very expensive shopping street with designer shops, little boutique and crafts shops), about 10 minutes walk from gondola lift. The hotel itself is pretty basic, but we didn't spend much time in the room. In the evening when everyone was back to get ready for dinner after skiing the shower was quite cold. We did not have a shower curtain or the screen in out bathroom.
Beds are quite hard, but i actually prefer them that way, but the pillows were a bit too hard. We had a room with a balcony and a beautiful view on the mountains. Kept the balcony door open over night as it was too hot in the room.
They serve a "continental" breakfast with some choices of pastries, bread and ham/cheese, plus some cereals and yogurts, if you want a cooked breakfast you need to pay extra. Sauna in the hotel has to be booked in advance and it costs Eur12. Lots of nice restaurant and bars within the walking distance. Generally a good budget place to stay during your skiing trip.
We have arrived in the evening around 11:00pm and were asked to leave our passports/ID cards at the reception for the registration, but the reception staff was not done with them by 8:20am when were leaving after breakfast. I wasn't pleased about that....
oh and the wifi is very slow! Maybe its better when everyone left skiing or out at night, but whats the point then!?

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends