“Delicious!”
Review of Gelateria Giotto

Gelateria Giotto
Ranked #2 of 62 Dessert in Padua
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I visit Italy my must have every day is a gelato I wanna try all the places. When we were in Padua we tried the Giotto Gelato on a very hot day and as always in Italy this one was heaven. So good, tasty, fresh every characteristics that it has in a good gelato.
The place is super cute and cozy. If you in Padua try there you’ll not be regretted it.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My cousin's family and I were in Padua on a very hot day so our only option was to get ice cream :) We found that place by chance and it wasn't quite like the other gelaterias. In this one you could not see the ice cream. It was kept in big cylinder like containers with a lid on top. Very old school, i thought. It made me remember the ice cream trolley we were chasing down the block while i was a kid. Although it was an old school presentation, the place looked very new and modern which was even better. everything was clean and shiny.

They had all the tastes they were offering written on the wall which made the whole experience even more exciting. Like a draw we picked flavours and waited to see how they looked like. I found that very refreshing and a great way to make a simple thing like eating an ice cream a bit more exciting.

They also had a window with handmade ice cream on stick in case someone did not want the cone/cup.

The most interesting thing about that place though was that all the ice cream was made by prisoners. I found that very interesting and a good idea to engage prisoners in production and also give them a chance to make a contribution for society. And let's be honest ice cream is important, especially in Italia.

I recommend the place indeed! The taste was great, the lady on the counter was very friendly and also I never had an ice cream made by prisoners before. It's an interesting thing to add to your gelato portfolio.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Gelateria Giotto is located in the heart of Padua, a great rest stop between site seeing or after meal treat. Made fresh daily, the gelato pack intense flavor.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We are huge ice cream fans, eating a lot of them everywhere in the world so our expectations are always very high....
This gelateria is one of the best we have ever visited! Amazing ice cream, very creamy, intense but delicate at the same time. Been there two times, every flavor we tried was great but pistachio is really heavenly good! Take an extra whipped cream also for only 0,5€, it's worth it.
Service very nice and helpful, you can try ice cream before ordering them.
Also we have to mention that this program for prisoners is an amazing idea, it's great they have such a fantastic opportunity to gain secret knowledge of Maestro Giotto.
Thank you!!!

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Tastes are far beyond the traditional ones. The staff is very kind and speak English very well.
Highly recommended from any point of view.