“lovely but extremely expensive”
Review of Gran Caffe Quadri

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Amazing place with super history but be ready to pay the bill. It is like with Harry's Bar. You pay a lot for great experience. If you are one of those "experiences lovers" it is a good thing to do. Almost like in old Vienna cafe...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,585)

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We have traveled as a family all over Italy and have always lived the people, the history and sites, and of course...the food.

Gran Caffe Quadri does not fit in with anything I have come to know and love about Italy.

Without a doubt the rudest people from the time you walk in to being served by someone who has an obvious disdain for customers. Food portions were ridiculous. My lasagne was served in a small creme brûlée dish (I posted a picture to show the size next to my hand). Every person there acted like they hated the customers and did not hide that disdain.

To top it all off the bill was expensive...for terrible service and bad food. I know Piazza San Marco is tourist-centric, but this was ridiculous and would make a tourist not want to return. A gentleman from England was also seated a few minutes after us and waited for 20 minutes for someone to come and greet him. He finally got up and walked out. I wish we would have.

Save yourself the disappointment...

2  Thank Julianne T
Reviewed 20 June 2018

For whatever reason, Gran Caffe Quadri's mid-price restaurant delivered among the best meals that I ate in Venice. I can only imagine how amazing the meal for 120 Euros would have been...

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I stress it always that I’m used to bad service in Europe, but in Italy I get the sad feeling that it’s the worst. We sat down and it took the waiter more than 20 minutes to come over and bring menus, all while they were talking to each other. We had some drinks and snacks ( all drinks start from €15 )and noticed that when we got the receipt the price of the snacks was higher. We made the waiter aware and he told us “ sorry I gave you the wrong menu with lower price without the music”. Then I asked him, how come the price was right for the drinks with music in the same menu? He shrugged and we left. It was really sad ...

1  Thank foodie1440
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Went to have a drink after a gondola ride. Took ages to be acknowledged to get menu. Tried to get a waiters attention one nodded another after taking 2 orders ignored us and gave some sort of hand signal and walked off. We got up and left and went to the restaurant 100yds away

2  Thank 61popcorn2013