“Great lunch ”

Price range: US$6 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Great lunch at a very good price.
10 euros ahead including a drink
Really cool guys working there very friendly
Not a lot of seat but the upstairs is just so cool
Worth finding for something different and eating in a cool place

Reviewed 24 May 2017

If you are seeking something a little more adventurous drink-wise than the ubiquitous spritz, standard cocktail or mixed-drink, there really is only one place to go – Caffé dei Frari. Although I don’t particularly like the term – these guys are true “mixologists”. Just take a seat in the charismatic, (not to mention historic), interior and watch the magic. No sloshing booze over ice and throwing in mixer here – no way. These guys are totally serious about their drinks – which are delicious!

The service is also totally superb, with advice given if you should request it and potential hiccups avoided, should you be just about to make one. For example, I’m not the biggest fan of overly sweet cocktails and was working my way through those on the list, that sounded to my tastes. After a, (cough), “few” cocktails, I spent too much time talking (boring?) to my long-suffering wife and not enough reading the list. So when the waitress approached for what was to be my last, (honest!), I just picked one at random. The waitress informed me that she had been keeping an eye on what I had been drinking and the one I had chosen was at the other end of the spectrum, in terms of sweetness. Could she suggest one that may suit me better? Well of course! She did and it was, (as they all were), fantastic.

If you are serious about your cocktails – you simply MUST visit.

Oh…there is food but of the cicchetti variety and obviously – I never eat on an empty stomach!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

One of the most ancient cafe in Venezia. I suggest to have the popular aperitif Spritz originated in Venezia.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across this place having been to The Basilica di Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari opposite.

Quirky characterful old bar with nice artwork, unusual mezzanine level, huge selection of spirits and nibbles with the first beer, which was reasonably priced.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

The alluring smell of the food draws you in and then once in, you don't want to leave.

Amazing bread first of all and then the various toppings are mouth watering. There are a few sofas and tables upstairs too which allow you to relax a bit more.

Great, friendly service.