“A gem behind the San Marco Plaza”
Review of Anonimo Veneziano

Anonimo Veneziano
Reserve with
Anonimo Veneziano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #917 of 1,494 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$12 - US$53
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

What a great place and this was to discover with our friends. In fact, we ate here twice. Friendly staff, excellent food, even considerations for people who are trying to eat gluten-free. The pasta is made by hand and everything is served with care and friendliness.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in speculatively after getting lost (again) great restaurant, can seat many people, pretty full. All food coming out looked delicious and piping hot. Good vibe, waiters very jolly. We had pizza which was great. Mid price. Full and varied menu, would recommend.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Best Veal Milanese in a long while, lovely, relaxed atmosphere, Aperol Spritz on-the-house, crazy good Crêpes Suzette and Panna Cotta. So very worth the walk off the regular routes!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Staff is friendly, food is tasty, little bit pricey. Portion is not too big. 10% service charge on top of that, but at least it is written.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Honestly, I'm shocked. I ordered a medium rare steak, and having eaten in both Venice and Italy at large I knew this meant I should expect something closer to bloody than not, but this was beyond that. My steak was blood, uncooked red throughout- no sear, no edge, and cold. The whole steak shook like jelly as i tried to cut it. As such, I asked for it to be cooked a little bit more. Five minutes later, my steak came back on its very hot plate, brown as leather, hard, and massively, disgustingly overcooked. I've never had a steak before that was so obviously microwaved. Microwaved. It was just.....completely inedible. We then spent 10+ minutes trying to get the attention of literally any staff member, and once we did, they hovered nearby as we paid, in cash, and then the moment we set the bill gold on the table, our original waiter stomped up and loudly asked us "Well?? Can I have it??" It was not only bad at this point, but embarrassing as well. I would not only never return, but I would actively advise others to Stay. Away.