“Superior customer service, wonderful location - the only place I will EVER stay in Venice!”

Bed and Breakfast Venice
Ranked #221 of 479 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2016

My family and I visited Venice for the first time in 2013 - a side trip during our 3-week stay in Croatia with my Dad's extended family. Since we were traveling with 3 pre-teenage children at the time, we wanted to expose them (and ourselves) to a "local" experience - a neighborhood where REAL Venetians live. I am pleased to say that we had the extremely good fortune to be referred to Nicola and his fantastic property!

Located only steps from the Grand Canal's San Stae Vaporetto stop, across the street from Palazzo Mocenigo (and its fantastic perfume museum), a 3 minute walk to Campo San Giacomo del Oro (and its handy Meijer bakery, fresh fruit market, and Bagolo restaurant - which is open late and filled with locals), and a 15-minute walk to San Marco's Square...this property is the PERFECT location from which to explore Venice!

I was so impressed by my 2013 experience that I called upon Nicola again this past summer (July 2015) when I returned to Venice to meet up with a friend. Again, he did not disappoint! The property was very clean, the sheets crisp and fresh, and the air conditioning worked great - a tremendous feat, considering the 100+-degree days in July! Not only was Nicola a gracious host during our stay, but he went way above and beyond the call of duty long after I returned home to the States...

You see, in my enthusiasm to reconnect with family and friends in Volosko, Croatia - and my desire to catch the correct Vaporetto (I had taken an inadvertent 3-hour cruise out to Lido and back upon my arrival in Venice and was determined NOT to repeat history...) - I forgot ALL my souvenirs in my room at Nicola's B&B! Masks, Murano glass, etc. I was struck with horror when I realized my mistake...I was at a gas station in Kozina, Slovenia...approximately 2.5 hours after I drove out of the Tronchetto parking garage.

I immediately phoned Nicola and he agreed to ship the forgotten items to me. Looking back on that conversation, he must have thought I was a lunatic - but he remained positive and upbeat and assured me that he could help. I could not be more grateful to him (and to my husband for quickly sending money via PayPal to cover the postage)!

In short, I highly recommend this host and this location. I will DEFINITELY stay here again the next time I am lucky enough to return to Venice!

Room Tip: All rooms are great and spacious!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank HrvatskaBeckoning

Reviewed 29 November 2015

We are very satisfied with our stay in B&B Venice. The hotel is located very closed to the boat public transportation stop and you can even easily walk from the hotel to almost all touristic spots of Venice. The room is big enough for our family of four people. If you want to buy food and eat in your room, there a fridge, a sink, cutlery and a kettle. This is very useful since eating at the restaurant everyday would be very expensive. Moreover the room (and including all these useful features) is not expensive at all ! I would definitely come back to B&B Venice next time I visit Venice !

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2015

We were there in early Oct this year. Only hiccups was at the start of the day when we couldn't locate the hotel from the Santa Lucia station. A 20 min walk turn to slightly more an hour and later a flight of staircase to climb with our luggages to the room but Nicola the owner was kind enough to help us. He's friendly and quick to response to our whatsapps queries. Overall the room was to our satisfaction (for a b&b) . It's spacious for the 3 of us to move about even with our luggages lying flat. The room was clean and I think there's someone who will come to clean & make the bed or clear the rubbish cos each time we came back from our outing, the room was made up tho' no new towels replaced each day. There's a small pantry with a minimal breakfast but we had a microwave and fridge so who's complaining? Even the private toilet was spacious too.
The B&B provides wifi but we had to be near the recep cos of the modem I guess. So to use it we had to be near our main door which was not an issue for us. And if you don't want to walk back to the b&b after all the sightseeing su can always use the water taxi and stop at san stae station (if I'm not wrong) and walk for less than 5 min to the b&b .
The only minus was we felt that the pillow and mattress abit thin but again after a long day, all we want is a nice shower and a place to sleep

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Genís P
Reviewed 27 September 2015

On the whole, this property was good value for the money. We were passing through Venice - we arrived in the afternoon and left in the morning. We needed a place that was not too expensive and slept 4 people comfortably. This property fit the bill.

It was pretty easy to find and very convenient for drop offs, taxis and ferries. The location was a huge plus. We loved the neighbourhood with the shops, museums, restaurants and picturesque views. It was a nice walk to the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark's Square. It was also pretty close to get tot he cruise ship. The comfort was reasonably good, the beds were OK and the cleanliness was alright. If I was staying longer I would have wanted a more comfortable place. You would be hard pressed to find a half decent place for this price in Venice so I would say the price was fair.

There were a couple of things to consider about this property. We were there on a hot day and the room was really hot at night. Opening the window was only a slight relief and let in the mosquitos. We were given a small fan but we could have used about 4 of them. In fact this place needed AC. It looked like it had one but we were instructed not to use it. You had to go into the hallway to use the wifi which generally sucked. This may seem like a minor irritant but if you are trying to set up tours and book taxis then it can be quite frustrating. Also, maybe I missed something, but it is called B & B Venice but we only got one B. We got a bed but no breakfast. Due to the price and the proximity to great restaurants we were not too upset.

Overall, it was fine for a one night stopover. Not terribly memorable good or bad.

Room Tip: All the rooms were quiet. The room with one double bed looked a lot nicer than the room we had with...
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family