“Easily accessible”

and 1 more site!
Bed and Breakfast Venice
Ranked #219 of 476 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The location is ideal whether arriving Venice by air, rail or bus. We took the Alilaguna Orange Line from Marco Polo Airport to the San Stae ferry stop which is a stone's throw away from the B&B, no bridges to cross! To get to the Santa Lucia Train Station or Pizzale Roma bus terminal take Vaporetto Line1 and you will be there in a few minutes.

This is not really a B&B per se since it doesn't provides any breakfast, it looks more like a room in an apartment one usally find in AirB&B. A welcome package of some biscuits, 2 buns and 2 small packs of orange juice are provided on arrival, plus some tea bags and a bottle of instant coffee that you won't want to drink in this land of Espresso!

The room is quite small with a mini kitchenette which has a fridge and microwave and a sink that doesn't works, so any washing will have to be done in the bathroom. A small foldable table is provided for dining but no cutlery are provided beside 2 mugs and wine glasses. No kettle is provided for "hygience" reason as posted on a piece of paper in the room which is laughable! Daily houskeeping is confined to just the room and setting of the bed, no washing of cups and changing of towels. No soap, shampoo or other toileries are provided and the exhaust fan in the bathroom is extremely loud, so don't turn it on in the middle of the night or everyone will be awaken!

Wifi was accessible from the room but it requies checking in to facebook every now and then, quite annoying.

Rialto Bridge is a short walk away and a little further on is St Mark Square, which can be reached also by Vaporetto abeilt a slow journey as it makes many stops along the Grand Canal. There are quite a few restaurants and bakery stores in the relatively quiet neighbourhood with a Coop supermarket nearby, and the Museum of Palazzo Mocenigo is right outside the B&B where you can buy the Museum Pass to skip the line at St Mark Square.

Venice is always busy and needless to say lodgings are expensive including this little B&B, as we contemplated on whether to stay in Venice or across in Venice Mestre or even Padova for the same or lesser price in a regular hotel, but to save the trouble in commuting we opted for this B&B which could have provided a little more for the price that it charges in my opinion.

The owner Nicola is a friendly guy and helped with the luggage up the narrow stairs to the room. Overall it was nonetheless a pleasant stay for us with a roof over our head for a few nights soaking up the atmosphere of Venice at a very convenient spot.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billy Z

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Stayed here for 2 days. Very convenient location. Great value for money.
Wish there was a minibar.
Steps away from vapetatto. Easy access to San Marco ,Riaolto as well as Murano.

Please ask locals for directions.

Small clean room. Great value for money. Quite location.

You can shop at the local COOP for water etc.

Recommed it!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are great
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Asha B
Reviewed 20 January 2016

My family and I visited Venice for the first time in 2013 - a side trip during our 3-week stay in Croatia with my Dad's extended family. Since we were traveling with 3 pre-teenage children at the time, we wanted to expose them (and ourselves) to a "local" experience - a neighborhood where REAL Venetians live. I am pleased to say that we had the extremely good fortune to be referred to Nicola and his fantastic property!

Located only steps from the Grand Canal's San Stae Vaporetto stop, across the street from Palazzo Mocenigo (and its fantastic perfume museum), a 3 minute walk to Campo San Giacomo del Oro (and its handy Meijer bakery, fresh fruit market, and Bagolo restaurant - which is open late and filled with locals), and a 15-minute walk to San Marco's Square...this property is the PERFECT location from which to explore Venice!

I was so impressed by my 2013 experience that I called upon Nicola again this past summer (July 2015) when I returned to Venice to meet up with a friend. Again, he did not disappoint! The property was very clean, the sheets crisp and fresh, and the air conditioning worked great - a tremendous feat, considering the 100+-degree days in July! Not only was Nicola a gracious host during our stay, but he went way above and beyond the call of duty long after I returned home to the States...

You see, in my enthusiasm to reconnect with family and friends in Volosko, Croatia - and my desire to catch the correct Vaporetto (I had taken an inadvertent 3-hour cruise out to Lido and back upon my arrival in Venice and was determined NOT to repeat history...) - I forgot ALL my souvenirs in my room at Nicola's B&B! Masks, Murano glass, etc. I was struck with horror when I realized my mistake...I was at a gas station in Kozina, Slovenia...approximately 2.5 hours after I drove out of the Tronchetto parking garage.

I immediately phoned Nicola and he agreed to ship the forgotten items to me. Looking back on that conversation, he must have thought I was a lunatic - but he remained positive and upbeat and assured me that he could help. I could not be more grateful to him (and to my husband for quickly sending money via PayPal to cover the postage)!

In short, I highly recommend this host and this location. I will DEFINITELY stay here again the next time I am lucky enough to return to Venice!

Room Tip: All rooms are great and spacious!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank HrvatskaBeckoning
Reviewed 29 November 2015

We are very satisfied with our stay in B&B Venice. The hotel is located very closed to the boat public transportation stop and you can even easily walk from the hotel to almost all touristic spots of Venice. The room is big enough for our family of four people. If you want to buy food and eat in your room, there a fridge, a sink, cutlery and a kettle. This is very useful since eating at the restaurant everyday would be very expensive. Moreover the room (and including all these useful features) is not expensive at all ! I would definitely come back to B&B Venice next time I visit Venice !

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2015

We were there in early Oct this year. Only hiccups was at the start of the day when we couldn't locate the hotel from the Santa Lucia station. A 20 min walk turn to slightly more an hour and later a flight of staircase to climb with our luggages to the room but Nicola the owner was kind enough to help us. He's friendly and quick to response to our whatsapps queries. Overall the room was to our satisfaction (for a b&b) . It's spacious for the 3 of us to move about even with our luggages lying flat. The room was clean and I think there's someone who will come to clean & make the bed or clear the rubbish cos each time we came back from our outing, the room was made up tho' no new towels replaced each day. There's a small pantry with a minimal breakfast but we had a microwave and fridge so who's complaining? Even the private toilet was spacious too.
The B&B provides wifi but we had to be near the recep cos of the modem I guess. So to use it we had to be near our main door which was not an issue for us. And if you don't want to walk back to the b&b after all the sightseeing su can always use the water taxi and stop at san stae station (if I'm not wrong) and walk for less than 5 min to the b&b .
The only minus was we felt that the pillow and mattress abit thin but again after a long day, all we want is a nice shower and a place to sleep

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Hotel Antico Mulino
Casa Genoveffa
#255 of 476 in Venice
Hotel Laguna Residence
#291 of 476 in Venice

Been to Bed and Breakfast Venice? Share your experiences!