“Great place for dinner”
Review of Antico Gatoleto

Antico Gatoleto
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Antico Gatoleto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #315 of 1,519 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cannaregio
Description: Ristorante per famiglie sia di pesce sia di carne, con specialita tipiche veneziane, carino e tranquillo, con forno per la pizza. Tavoli all'esterno. I cani sono benvenuti. Wifi libero. Anche pasta senza glutine. Quite and nice seafood and meat restaurant, with typical venetian specialties, and pizza oven. Tables outside. Kids and pets are welcome. Free Wifi. Gluten free pasta is available.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My son and I went there twice since food was very delicious and our home stay just around the corner.
We had the mussels and gnocchi both times as well as Italian wine. The mussels were less salty on the first day which I liked better, perhaps the only detail that wasn't perfect due to inconsistency.
Waiters are all male, some sing along the music they play but in an authentic and lovely way.
I can recommend this place to solo travelers, couples and families.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This was our favorite dinner in the three days we were in Venice. The service was excellent and the food was all very good. My wife enjoyed her pizza, and I was impressed with my pasta and seafood. It was a great dining experience.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We wanted to dine in a restaurant near our apartment in Cannaregio that was run by Italians and not orientals - no offense intended! We were a family of 10 from Hawaii and said they could accommodate us inside or out. We choose inside due to a family member who hates birds - don't ask! Dinner, atmosphere and staff were superb! We all enjoyed everything we ordered. Inside was air conditioned. Went back the following night for a second round.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Set near our air bnb in the north east of Venice a good dinner enjoyed by all 3 of us
Only had main and a glass of house wine but treated us as we were buying everything brilliant service

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We dropped in during an argument about which direction to go, cooled off to some old Ray Charles in the air-conditioned room, enjoyed our English-Italian chat with the waiter, gratefully digested assorted veggies, spaghetti carbonara, sparkling agua, and espresso, hit the calles again, and completely forgot our troubles! Ah, Venice!