Book now, pay at stay
US$180
US$247
US$203
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$264/night.

Albergo Marin(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$110
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Hotel Tiziano(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$124
Hotels.com
US$253
US$227
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$299/night.

US$220
US$181
Priceline
US$244
US$196
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

US$465
US$380
  • Pool
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$638/night.

All reviewsorient expresscip's clubgeorge clooneylagoon view suiteprivate boatmotor launchst markshotel boatmain restaurantminute boat ridest mark's squarefour seasonswater taxiboat serviceconcierge staffthe hustle and bustleelegant hotel
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We recently stayed at the hotel and we received a very warm welcome from Roberto and Alessandro ( On reception ) who both made our stay very enjoyable.

Our suite overlooked the garden which was a pleasant distraction from the lagoon which we toured during the day. The room was excellent and well looked after by the house team.

The breakfasts were to die for and in our experience probably the best in Italy. One day we had lunch in the Cips restaurant overlooking the lagoon and St Marks square. Again the food was excellent with a good choice on the menu and in particular the catch of the day was a good choice.

The flexibility of the complimentary boat transfers to and from St Marco Square which made going out very easy was really appreciated. Water taxis were also easy to order and Roberto ensured that everything worked efficiently when you wished to travel. He is a legend.

When we came back from a tiring day out visiting various sights in Venice we found the pool area a great place to relax with attentive yet not intrusive staff. The pool and the areas surrounding were kept to a very high standard,

If you are visiting Venice in the near future then be sure to catch the Damion Hirst Exhibition at Palazzo Grassi - Very thought provoking and different.

All in all a superb holiday where we were very well cared for by everyone at the Cipriani and we would highly recommend the Cipriani as the Hotel to stay in in Venice if you want to experience the sights of Venice yet at the end of the day return to a tranquil oasis of loveliness.

Keep up the good work. Roberto and Allessandro welook forward to coming back.

Room Tip: The rooms with a Garden View give a good alternative to looking at the lagoon all of the time and are very peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

As someone else put it , if Venice was a theatre then this would be the royal box , what a great saying , sorry I pinched it , but it sums it up. Lush gardens , smart waiters, excellent reception (Roberto reminded me of Mt Thompson from Pretty Woman) . Fantastic food . Rooms opulent . We felt like royalty. It can be a bit intimidating on some of the pricing but it was great to say we have done it .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevewoodmedia
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel hits all of the important high notes. It is secluded and private, away from the crowds and chaos. The property is immaculate, with the gardens being just beautiful (including the resident long haired bunny named Toby!). The hotel grows many of its own vegetables and herbs to be used for meals which is the way of the world these days.
The room was very nice and there was not one amenity missing.
What sets them apart is the service. Concierge leader Roberto as well as Thomasso were absolutely world class in using their connections to make special events happen.
We booked our stay unknowingly during Venice Film Festival- which meant every A lister stayed there, but it did not feel annoying or buzzy in any way... the paparazzi waited outside on boats like sharks, but they weren't allowed near the property- it was not a big deal at all! It makes sense why this hotel has the clientele they do. Everyone gets treated like a star.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Some thoughts on 4 days at Cipriani’s in Venice after 6 days at Villa d’Este… We’re a NYC-area-based family of four (52, 46, 7, and 6 – yes, we’re older parents) and we take approximately 4 European vacations a year focused on London, Paris, South of France, Switzerland, and Italy. Recent hotel stays (many repeat) include: Claridges, Le Bristol, The Breakers, Le Meurice, The Kulm, the Sonnenalp, Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat, Chateau St. Martin, Hotel du Cap Eden Roc, The Splendido, the Baur au Lac, etc. We tend to favor these destinations given my Euro heritage and the fact that I went to grad school in Paris.

We recognize that we’re incredibly fortunate to be able to do what we do but we are certainly not price-insensitive. We have an incredibly good travel agent and we certainly enjoy the little perks that sometimes come our way. But our time is our most important commodity. Nothing’s worse than setting up a trip only to find that we’ve wasted our time at a property that falls short of promises. The devil is in the details and the small things done well that make a trip are the same ones done badly that can ruin it. Sure, if we were younger or had more time we might look for more adventure or authenticity, but we not; we want luxury and convenience and when we’re spending sometimes more than $2,000 a night for a hotel we believe we have the right to expect good things…

Checking into the Cipriani was easy—as it should be. We’d booked a suite as it’s a hotel that allowed us to have both kids in the living room. But I’m always a little uneasy when we’re shown to a room that feels as if it's at the very end of the property. In truth, we’d used a little leverage from our agent to get us a suite and we saved a little money by not getting one with a view. But I admit to feeling my heart sink a little as we were shown to the end of the property—a case of too good to be true? To be fair, the room was a true suite with a door that closed for full separation. But it was definitely tight with the luggage. The bathroom was nice although room for toiletries (shelves) was lacking.

My wife and children went on to the pool while I did a little more unpacking. As I followed a few minutes later into the pool area I was wowed by the presence of two uber-celebs sitting at a table with several others. My wife and kids were already swimming. I asked my wife where our loungers were. She was not amused—and nor was I—to have been given loungers on the very outer edge of the pool area in spite of the fact that there were plenty of open loungers in more attractive parts. Was this to do with the celebs or the fact that we we’re not?

After our swim we returned to the room to get ready for the babysitter we had arranged through the concierge some weeks before our trip. My wife and I had bought tickets to an overflow screening of a film at the film festival. We ordered the kids room service, got ready and waited. Ten minutes after the appointed time we called the concierge. The long and the short she was late. So late, in fact, that we couldn’t go to the film. The concierge was very sorry, etc., etc. We told him to arrange us a dinner. We dressed the kids and dragged them out with us. For some unknown reason we were sent to some “authentic” place in the middle of San Marco. Food was so-so, but far worse: it was sweltering. If we make the effort to dress smartly, have the decency not to have us sweat through what we’re wearing. Ok, I get it, A/C is not that prevalent, but after the babysitting fiasco the hotel frankly should have pulled out the stops and found us the best spot in town on a terrace overlooking the Grand Canal. Yes the restaurant’s maître d’hôtel greeted us with a bottle of prosecco, courtesy of Cipriani. Whatever. This was an inauspicious start to say the least.

The next day we spent at the Biennale and taking the kids to a mask-making class. That evening we were slated to go back to San Marco but decided to eat on property instead. We wanted to go to the Cip’s restaurant for a simple meal and called the concierge to arrange it only to be told it was fully booked. As it happens the entrance to Cip’s was right by our room so we popped in to beg for a table in person—not what I expect to have to do. The maître d’hôtel graciously told us that since a non-guest client was late he would give us his table. We were relieved and the meal was excellent. The following day was spent looking at more art followed by a movie at the film festival. No chance the babysitter would be late for this, right? Wrong. Again, we got the kids redressed and dragged them to the concierge. Why didn’t we build in extra time, you may wonder? I don’t know—because at this level the notion that a babysitter would be late is just anathema? Because it has never, ever, happened to us in the 8 years we’ve been doing this sort of travelling with our kids? To say that my wife—we—were disappointed, is an understatement. As we were expressing out displeasure with the concierge the babysitter arrived. But it was too late. I don’t go on vacation to have to frantically rush because some babysitter can’t be bothered to make it on time. We had, of course, built in time for a quick handover and it might have worked, even then, had we had a room centrally located but, again, that’s not where we’d been put. We told the babysitter that we didn’t need her and rather than leave the restaurant-picking up to the whims of the concierge we told him to get us a table on the terrace of the Bauer Palazzo.

Next day we wanted to know what to do with the kids rather than just drag them around looking at art. It was suggested we take the kids to one of the famous glass factories (no payment necessary). Skeptically, we agreed. I’m not sure if the promise that our kids would get to blow glass was express or implied; either way, a boat picked us up and took us to one of the factories about 15 minutes away. We were immediately ushered in to watch a glass-making demonstration (with guests from other hotels) and then got to walk through several large showrooms full of wares. Frankly it reminded me of a trip to Istanbul and going to a visit a carpet manufacturer. It’s a snow job—you’re just there to look at the merch. Perhaps I’m being unfair as there was no hard sell job but to be clear, these were show rooms; at least the prices on the tags on the hundreds of objects were disguised by code. And there was no actual glass blowing for the kids—an interesting demonstration, sure—but no actual glass blowing.

My goal with this review is not to be vindictive towards Cipriani but to honestly recount our experience. Obviously, there are many, many other guests who have had completely different experiences to ours. But I do wonder—what if the Venice Film Festival not been on and the halls of the hotel were not crawling with security for a few uber A-listers? Was the concierge, perhaps, understaffed? No hotel worth their salt would treat some guests better than others but I have to assume that resources were directed to make sure the few uber celebs did not want for anything at the expense of us. As I said in my preamble, it’s the little things and when they start to go south the souring can be quick and hard to reverse. We certainly expected better. I will add that this is not our first experience in a Belmond. After our first trip last year to Villa d’Este we spent a few days at the Splendido in Portofino, and we were not overly impressed—certainly not for the money that our suite had cost. You know how it goes: Once, shame on you; twice, shame on me.

Room Tip: As for a centrally located room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
12  Thank WillTell1307
Giampaolo_Ottazzi, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Guest,
My having received your account of your visit to the Cipriani I am grateful that you have chosen to take the time and expend the effort to chronicle your stay with us.
I agree with you wholly as to the fact there must be consistency and homogeneity to the service that we extend to all of our guests. If, in fact, there is extraordinary pressure brought to bear upon our personnel owing to time or circumstance, this is no excuse for any of our clients to suffer less than the full Cipriani experience.
We deeply regret that you feel that you were treated in a less than equitable fashion. With no semblance of apathy or indifference, while after the fact treatment of your scenario does not serve, we only hope that you will return to us in the future so that we can show you the comfort and indulgence that you most certainly deserve.
With best personal regards,
Giampaolo Ottazzi

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Thank you Hotel Cipriani for one of our most magical vacations ever! The peaceful luxury retreat was the perfect base to explore Venice. The "best pool in Europe" lived up to the hype. Surrounded by lush gardens and the lagoon, the Olympic-sized pool is heaven during the August heat. But even better was Suite 405! On the top floor, with a commanding 360 degree outside terrace, this was among our favorite rooms EVER. Bellinis on the terrace at sunset will always be remembered. I played tennis on the red clay court, protected by trees and flowers. Our youngest loved the Kids Club, featuring its own pool and a jungle gym. The morning breakfast, with stunning views across the lagoon, was a great way to start each day. The complimentary boat shuttle to St. Mark's Square was easy and efficient. A special thanks to Concierge Sebastian, who organized a last minute, private visit to a palazzo in the Grand Canal. A truly unique highlight during our Venice visit! Bottomline: Hotel Cipriani is a luxurious dream in one of the world's most magical destinations.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Giampaolo_Ottazzi, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear CB328,

My sincere thanks for your time to to share your opinion based on your recent stay with us.

I am most grateful for your excellent review and I am really happy that my team, the accommodation and our unique location all rendered your stay for you and your family a memorable experience.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

With my best personal regards,

Giampaolo Ottazzi