This is another Westin hotel where old world elegance shines. The rooms are recently redecorated, and some are still looking for their final touches. The variability of rooms is significant with some rooms large, airy, with high ceilings, while others have lower ceilings and are more of a cozy feel (PC for cramped). If you like hard beds, you will love those offered and if you are looking for softer beds, just ask the front desk or housekeeping to place a coverlet over the mattress. Likewise with the pillows, if you would like foam, you need to ask as the ones in the room are feather pillows.
The location is perfect. A two minute walk from San Marco square, yet quiet, even while overlooking the Grand Canal and the Church of XXXX. The layout can be confusing at first so make sure you understand whether you are in the Europa or the Regina building and which elevator is the most convenient.
Assuring that your room includes breakfast is essential since the prices in the restaurant are extremely high, could be the highest I have ever seen. Continental buffet is €24 and full buffet is €45, and that is not a typo. A la carte is available but also pricy. The buffet includes the regular scrambled eggs, meats, tomatoes and potatoes, a large selection of fruits and cereals, a full selection of breads and pastries, plus a large selection of cured meats and cheese. Overall it is a lovely buffet. For dinner, I highly recommend going off-premises and the Concierge can recommend numerous restaurants (I HIGHLY recommend Il Paradiso (I have a separate review at that URL) over the Rialto Bridge) since the hotel's restaurant will cost well over €125 per person.
If you arrive in Venice by car there is a central building where all of the rental agencies have offices. The trick is not getting killed crossing the street to hire a water taxi (which I highly recommend), which costs €60. If you are arriving or departing from Marco Polo airport a water taxi to/from the airport is €110, plus if you keep them waiting they will add €10 per fifteen minutes.
Management is terrific and are there to assist in any way possible. One of the most guest-centric staff I have experienced. We are already planning our next visit and we are glad that we do not need to think of where to stay, we really like this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly positioned on the Grand Canal with sweeping views of the city's most iconic landmarks, The Westin Europa and Regina places guests right in the heart of the city's artistic and theatre districts, in a discreet setting just off the fashionable Calle XXII Marzo and steps from Piazza San Marco. Our unmatched selection of rooftop terrace suites, Grand Canal rooms, restyled accommodations, and Grand Canal-side venues with nutrition-rich proposals are settings of relaxed indulgence where guests can be at their best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hotel Europa And Regina, Venice
- Westin Venice
- Westin Hotel Europa Regina Venice
- Venice Westin