Locanda ai Bareteri
Ranked #25 of 476 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2012

If you're picky, don't like stairs, looking for luxury, then this place is not for you. This is for the kind of traveler who enjoys a quiet bed and breakfast type room, with nice cold air conditioning when needed, with windows in your room that go from floor to ceiling to admire the blue Venice sky. From the moment I got in, I was treated like family. I got in around lunch time, a bit too early though. So I sat in the 2nd floor parlor and watched TV. The attendant brought me white powder sugar coated croissants and Cafe Americana. What a wonderful gesture! After that, it was smooth sailing for the next two nights. This place is smack in the middle where you want to be. Will be back!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank reortiz1974

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Right from the time we have first written inquiring about the room till we checked in, the response on email was very prompt. We were given the room on the 4th floor. Its indeed a difficult trek up the stairs. Tommaso helped carry part of our luggage after the check-in. The location is only a couple of minutes from the Rialto bridge vaporetta stop. And a few minutes from the St. Marks square. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vizbee
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I was at Ai Bareteri on the occasion of a business trip and stayed there for three nights. The hotel is calm (given that the room gave on the right side), the tenants and the other guests were also respectful and calm. The hotel has charm, my room was spacious (for Venice standards, I was in room 301). The breakfast are ok, and the personel is helping and polite.

No tv in the room, that was pretty fine with me. No elevators, fine with me also. The intenet connection maybe was a bit slow, but not to the point where I would complain.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel this summer. We had a very good time and a nice surprise. From the outside we were skeptics, since it doesn't really catches your eye. But once inside we were glad we chose this hotel. The staff was very friendly and eager to help with everything, breakfast was OK and rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are right next to the breakfast place, so if you plan to sleep in choose a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I have spent way too much of my life staying in hotels, but this hotel a delight. They could not do enough to help us. The room was very comfortable with a nice bathroom. I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family