All reviews amber room green room giglio vaporetto stop bed and breakfast gondoliers singing highly recommend this b b gondolas passing balcony overlooking the canal three rooms other guests every morning small canal yogurt restaurant recommendations a wonderful stay perfect place to stay watch the gondolas
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My daughter and I spent five days at Al Teatro in January. We stayed in the Green Room which was spacious, quiet and beautifully decorated with a view of the canal. Eleonora was extremely helpful with all our questions and gave us good recommendations of places to visit in Venice. The B&B is at a dead end street near the Opera House. So while its only a ten minute walk to St Mark's Square it is very peaceful We loved Venice in the winter. The days started off foggy and then cleared. After a delicious and varied breakfast we walked and explored all the different areas and then loved coming home at night to the B&B. Could not think of a better place to stay in Venice. Thanks Eleonora for a most memorable visit.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms and I am sure they are all lovely. I imagine the Green Room would be the smallest of the three but was perfect for us.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My wife and I spent five nights at Al Teatro B&B during the Christmas season, and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. The location was great, with our very nice room overlooking a canal, the breakfast, while simple, was quite nice enough for us, and the hostess, Eleonora, was one of the best we've ever met at any B&B.

First, the location. It was less than a five minute walk to Piazza San Marco, which put us very near the heart of Venice. We liked this location, as it made it easy for us to get where we wanted to be, no matter where in Venice that was. It might have been a bit daunting for us to find the B&B, which is tucked away in a quiet corner of Venice, but we were both smart enough to follow Eleonora's very precise directions, as well as use google maps to plot our route from the Alilaguna stop, so we had no problem.

We stayed in the Green Room, which was a nice size, had the previously mentioned great canal view, and featured what was, hands down, the best bathroom we've EVER had in Europe. Not only was it not cramped, it had good lighting and a spacious shower.
We loved it!

As for the breakfast, as I said we found the simple fare offered, which, while generous, included no hot food options, perfectly acceptable. Some, who look for something more elaborate, may be disappointed, but this comes down to a matter of choice, and our choice was that the breakfast offered was plenty good enough for us.

But it was really Eleonora who made this place special. She's a life-long resident of Venice, and really knows her city. Almost every day she gave us advice as to what might be worth taking a look at, and every time we took her advice we were glad we did. We both found her to be a sweetheart, as well, and our chats with her made our stay that much more pleasant.

So that's it. Al Teatro B&B was a great place to stay in Venice, and on our next visit to this most fascinating city, we'll be sure and stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2012

My wife, my then 3 y.o. daughter, and I stayed at this wonderful B&B for 3 nights in March 2011. We had a magnificent experience due largely to the wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable person that Eleonora is, and to the accommodation itself. I should have written this review then, but I got lazy. Now that I am thinking of returning to Venice this coming year, I felt compelled to share my thoughts with you all, as this place had left such a good impression on us, that it's one of the reasons we are returning to Venice. We had a large room with a balcony overlooking a canal, and the experience of waking up to the unique sights and sounds of a city awakening and going to work on it's waterways was incomparable. The building is about 600 years old, built next to the famous La Fenice opera house, and walking distance to many iconic sights. We felt completely engulfed by this unique culture , and that's how we started out our daily quest every morning to discover new sights, sounds and tastes of this fascinating city and it's people. Eleanora was also an excellent hostess. It was obvious to us she cared a lot about her guests. Her advice was priceless, as that combination of knowledge and sincerity is a rare find. She earned our trust very quickly and in the end we were the better for it. When it came time to leave, we felt like we were saying goodbye to a friend who had shared her heart with us to ensure we'd have the most enjoyable time ever in her town, a town that she was very passionate about.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2012

My husband & I spent the last night of our Italian vacation at this B&B. Thanks to Eleonora we could make the most of our 1 day stay. The location of this B&B is perfect. Very close to the Vaporetto stop and walking distance from St. Mark's square. Eleonora was also very helpful with her knowledge of restaurants and tourist-trap warnings. I highly recommend this place and will be sure to check in here again in my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smriti J
Reviewed 25 December 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Al Teatro B&B in Venice in December 2012. It is very conveniently located near San Marco's Square right near the Giglio vaporetto stop. The room was clean and comfortable in a building about 600 years old. The owner Eleanora was very helpful and gave us good information about restaurants, sight seeing, transport etc. We would happily recommend it as a good affordable place to stay in Venice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family