Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
eDreams
FindHotel
US$67
View deal
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$95
Orbitz.com
All reviews beautiful hotel boutique hotel street market very comfortable room old palace quattro canti up to date rooms are large stayed nights cakes neighborhood palazzo gps heart francesco sights carlo
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2021

We stayed a couple nights at this hotel. Firstly, the room we were given was spacious, however it had a strange smell which never went away. We had a jacuzzi in our room which also smelled and would make me think that it hadn't been cleaned properly so was never used. The neighbourhood is a little bit undesirable. We never felt in danger but I would be conscious walking around here at night alone. The staff were generally accommodating and the breakfast was on par for typical Italian hotel breakfasts.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spideoige
Reviewed 27 February 2021

The hotel was recommended to me by a friend - I stayed there for 2 nights, and the room and facilities were decent but not brilliant.

On the morning I checked out, I headed down to breakfast 45 mins before I was due to leave to get the train to the airport.
I waited at the entrance to the breakfast courtyard area to be seated - it wasn't particularly busy, maybe 4 other tables were taken, and the staff walked past me multiple times without even an acknowledgement. I waited for 5 mins before having to stop someone to ask to be seated - a disgruntled lady then led me to a table that hadn't been cleared. It was very dirty and had dirty plates and glasses all over it.
I waited another 10 mins before someone then came to clear the table - and I was told that someone would come and take my order shortly. A further 10 mins went past and still I was waiting.
Concerned I was running out of time, I stood up and wandered to the kitchen area to ask if I could order - the same lady who showed me to the table shrugged her shoulders and said "very busy".
I waited for another 10 mins before having to give up - I went up to reception to express my frustration, and was offered an espresso as an apology.

I wrote an email to the hotel afterwards to express my disappointment - the hotel manager responded saying he had spoken to the restaurant manager who had responded saying "i apologize because this morning we was on trouble, this is not an excuse but please say sorry to all guests wich not received the service."

I wrote back to say that this was not a satisfactory response and at the very least I should be refunded the price of the breakfast which I was not able to order. A week later, the hotel responded to say they have agreed to refund the breakfast at a cost of EUR 6!!!

I then pointed out that the difference between a room rate and a room rate with breakfast was EUR 12. I received the response that "EUR 6 is our breakfast cost and not our breakfast value (EUR 12), if you want to add your breakfast to your room only rate, but you didn't choose a room only rate so the amount we can refund you is the breakfast cost amount (EUR 6).
Realising I was fighting a losing battle, I gave them by bank details to which they finally refunded the EUR 6.....2 months later!

I consider this a real shame - due to their inability to deal with a justified complaint, I will never go back there and never recommend the hotel to anyone again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank AndyJF99
Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

Unfortunately, when Alitalia cancelled my flight home to NY on 19.01.21, I was stuck in Palermo for another 4 days. I chose this hotel and loved the 4 stand canopy room. It has a gorgeous view of the local church up the street. Travelling during COVID is never fun but the staff was lovely and attentive. They always made sure to bring hot breakfast every morning & the cleaning staff was generous with the additionals. There is a restaurant and the charm of the hotel is to die for. I would absolutely stay here again. The bathroom is spacious and warm - a nice mirror that has its own light for makeup enthusiasts. There is a hair dryer. The wifi isn't the best though for sending or receiving videos or strong programs on computer - it is best for browsing at the most. However, the customer service is superior and they made sure to attend to all of our requests. Come here if you are looking for modern amenities with Sicilian charm.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chronicfate
Reviewed 15 October 2020

Perfectly renovated beautiful design and excellent cuisine. The perfekt adress for palermo. Even the lication couldn‘t be better! It is stylishly furnished and the sanitay facilities are up to date. Excellent breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank vdanus354399
Reviewed 15 September 2020

We stayed four nights as this gem of a hotel. It is a beautifully converted old palace in a quiet square yet very central to all the sights of Palermo. 5 minutes walk to Quattro Canti and about 10/15 minutes walk to the Cathedral. Also it is very near to the lively market of Palermo. However, more important are the wonderful staff. The people on reception could not have been more friendly or helpful. Our thanks particularly to Vittorio and Francesco, but they were all great. The price also included a very good breakfast taken in a delightful courtyard - beautifully made cakes, salami and cheese, very well cooked scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and fruit juice. All made to order and served by a charming waitress. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2020