Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
Booking.comUS$38
Hotels.comUS$40
EtripUS$44
1,691 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2020

I chose this hotel because it was 4 star and close to the centre. However I would not recommend to anyone. They have varying levels of rooms from economy standard and superior. I would not recommend as my room stank of smoke. When I mentioned to reception I wanted my money back the lady told me it was ‘’my problem?’ Very argumentative and not willing to apologise when I had breathed in a large amount of smoke during a global pandemic. The room had a sign saying no smoking and a fine would be made if people smoked. However the hotel staff failed to recognise or apologise for what had happened. Terrible service and I will be claiming back the money lost

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Sunshinesophie2020
Vincenzo Polizzi, Marketing at Astoria Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Dear Sophie,

we are sorry to know that you didn't enjoyed your stay at our hotel. About your negative experience, it's important for us to clarify some questions. All our rooms are non-smoking and each room has smoke detectors to uninhibit and act as a deterrent to avoid smoking in the room, with signs confirming this. Having clarified this point, it is good ethics, morality and education to respect what we have requested. Despite this, all the rooms are sanitized on departure, therefore the unpleasant smell of smoke is completely eradicated. Unfortunately, it was not possible to solve your problem because any room change seemed to her welcome.
We hope to be able to host you again to show you our improvements in problem solving.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 January 2020 via mobile

Hotel's location is walking distance to the downtown and old city of Palermo. From Falcone-Borsellino airport takes about 30 min to get there with taxi.

Hotel room was big, squeaky clean and nice renovated bathroom.

Dinner was delicious and self-service breakfast was full of choice even if I was a bit late.

The only thing bothering me was the lockdown of the premises at night. And you have to wake up the night security to enter.

All in all it is good hotel and I will be happy to use it again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 15Traveler05
Reviewed 13 October 2019 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in the Astoria Palace hotel. While the hotel was decent and clean, it was like staying in a monastery. The walls were bare, the lighting bad and the floor was hard tile. The surrounding neighborhood was really dirty, and lacking a choice of restaurants. This hotel was also far from the city center.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rochelle1129
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

Only had one night on our tour at this hotel but have to say even though the room was on the small size (I’m a single traveler) it was very well cleaned . Bathroom well appointed. Breakfast was as good as I have had anywhere in Italy . As I’m a walker it was in a good area to go for a walk . Was very disappointed with the lack of service at the main bar on the ground floor ,Both men in the bar seemed not to care about providing service even if you could get their attention . In fact 5 of us walked out of the bar when we asked for our drink order to be taken ... ( his reply was I’m busy and when I’m able to take your order I will come over ) it was the way he told us . So we all got up and left for a bar nearby( also much cheaper than hotel ) The bar waiters let the hotel down and cost the hotel as the five of us had drinks and dinner outside of hotel, Maybe the management should look at this problem ... that is happening in the bar . Don’t like being negative But !!!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank phillipk8
Reviewed 10 September 2019

We stayed in the hotel on our last night before travelling home, we found this on booking.com because we has decided to stay an extra night and our Air BNB couldn't cater for an additional night.

We got a good deal on the room and found it to be absolutely fine, an added bonus was the rooftop terrace on the 12th and 14th floors - if a little pricey.

Breakfast was included in the price which offered a wide selection - enough to cater for everyone.

Location wise this was spot on for us, just off the main road which meant easy travelling for the next day.

Parking could be a slight issue, as with anywhere in Palermo just outside the main gates there was an unofficial man who would request money off you for parking on the street - better to pay a few euros than to risk the car being damaged. Something you learn to become accustomed to.

Thanks for a pleasant stay.

2  Thank Deconthereview