All reviews nice hotel a sea view room beach towels public bus nice size junior suite perfect location renovation mirror bath
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Room .... quite ok but you can not close the window so you hear all what happens on the street
Bathroom .... terrible . Smells so you can not breath. Very old from 60s or 70s
Restaurant .... very old style but ok.
Pool .... closed even during the time it should be opened. And the door to the beach as well. 3 times closed at 9.30 ... it should be opened from 9.00

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Direzione_CRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Mondello Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Mario G, first of all let us thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about your recent stay at the Mondello Palace Hotel.
We are deeply sorry to learn that you had a disappointing experience with us and your feedback has been passed on to the whole Team to and the relevant Managers to understand what went wrong during your stay and how to avoid something similar will happen again in the future. Regarding the cleanness of the room and the service provided we are deeply sorry to read your feedback because one of our main purpose is spotless rooms and outstanding customer service. The pool and the door to the beach are closed every year on September 30th. Anyway, the private beach is still available as long as the weather will be nice.
Best regards.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our one night stay here. The service at the Reception was excellent and our room (220) was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was large with a great shower/tub. Breakfast was average. Lunch when we arrived was excellent especially the gnocchi and we appreciated their serving us so late...almost 1430.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Direzione_CRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Mondello Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear CristinaSarasota, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.
We love to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we will share your feedback with the whole staff, especially with the Reception!!
We are truly happy to read your appreciation, that’s what we work for!
We really hope to have you back soon at our Mondello Palace Hotel for another enjoyable stay.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here over 4 nights in August.
The hotel has a very impressive lobby, decent sized pool, with beach accommodations for the hotel guests. The rooms are old and shabby and very poorly maintained.
On the first day after arrival, we left our room to go to the pool, halfway there I remembered that I've forgotten something in the room so I went back up.
When I got there I saw that housekeeping were cleaning my room and 2 staff members from management were taking pictures of my suitcases and my room.
When I confronted them, they showed me some cooking appliances that they found (which we have bought the previous day at a cheap shop we found locally).
I understand that they wanted to make sure that this will not be a fire hazard, but the violation of privacy and complete dismissal of my private corner is truly shocking in this hotel!
When I pointed it out to them, and explained that in such cases they should call me and ask permission to enter my room first, or speak tonne over the phone about this they have completely dismissed this!
Less than 5 minutes later, after they've already left, I get a knock on the door, and when I open the door there stands another member of Management.
As I open the door he doesn't even ask permission to walk in, he just walks in and goes straight to the mini bar to check why we have moved some stuff away from its original position, so we explained him that we had some stuff that needed refrigeration and added them to the fridge, and we have kindly asked him in the future to be more accepting of our privacy and not just barge in to guests rooms, but to ask permission before walking in to the room!!
On our second day there we decided to sleep in, therefore we left the "do not disturb" sign up.
The whole morning we kept being pestered by household with knocks on the door to find out if we're sure we don't want cleaning, when we pointed out that we really would like to not be disturbed they looked as if they didn't get the message.
Later that morning we even got a phone call from reception, which we just didn't pick up cos we were sick of being bothered and disturbed by all staff, so the reception came up to the room to knock and when we explained them that we don't want any cleaning they finally walked off.
What's the point of the sign if it doesn't serve its purpose?!?
We have been left with a horrible feeling from the staff at this hotel.
We paid a lot of money to enjoy a hotel who's rating is at a nice standard and what we got is a shambles of a service, a complete violation of our privacy and a feeling of rejection and non-caring from every single staff member.
As part of my business I run hotels internationally and I can confidentially say, never have i ever experienced such horrible comprehension of "Client first"
I can confidently say that never will I stay here again and will highly recommend everyone that thinks of it to think twice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Israel G
Direzione_CRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Mondello Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

We thought we had clarified everything.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Great location but leaves much to be desired for a 4 star property by today's standards.

It is clean and staff is very friendly and helpful.

To keep the 4 stars, the property needs a facelift, room furniture, garden, lobby.

Oh and the waiters need to change their uniforms. I think they have all been wearing the same clothes for the last 40 years!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Direzione_CRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Mondello Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you Geoffrey for your review and for your precious notes! See you soon, best regards!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Location is absolutely perfect, close to the see and five minutes from the centre of Mondello. We appreciated very nice breakfast, served by very kind, polite Italians old style waiters, beautiful swimming pool and very close private beach for customers of the hotel. Everything was really perfect and we spent a wonderful week in Mondello Palace Hotel. Special thanks to the men at the reception who was extremely gentle for us!

Room Tip: My advice, avoid rooms with a view on the crossroad, they are very noisy!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andre C
Direzione_CRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Mondello Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Andre,
we are thrilled to know that you enjoyed so much your stay at Mondello Palace Hotel and thank you for sharing your experience!
We can't wait to welcome you again for another wonderful holiday in Palermo!
Warmest regards.