2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$52
PricelineUS$52
EtripUS$53
2,335 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Old and run down rooms. The room size was extremely small, except from the bathroom that was reasonably sized. I did not see the room as displayed in the hotel brochures. Smell of cigaret in the corridors. Unprofessional and Arrogant service even from the hotel manager. Cheap and nasty breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank argyropa
Andrea Stancato, Owner at Mercure Palermo Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2021

Dear Sir / Madame,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Palermo Centro.
At Mercure Palermo Centro, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I'm sorry that you didn't talk to us about your room and I will appriciate if you would like to contact us becouse I don't remember having the pleasure of talking to you that's why I can't understand what the adjective arrogant refers to.

Andrea Stancato
Direttore/Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2020

It was an exceptional experience staying at this hotel. The hotel is close to everything so its very convenient to visit all the places. The highlights were the staff of this hotel, they were very welcoming and fiendly. They always had smile on their face, nothing is too much for them when asked. They couldn't do enough for you. We had our flight cancelled at the last min and although it was fustrating and upsetting that we were stack there during christmas but the staff made us feel happy, we had to spend our christmas in the hotel and the staff provided us with christmas meal. All the staffs were deserves praises. Namely Martina, Valeria, Nadia and Barbara, they were exceptionally outstanding in their customer service. thank you again for your hospitality and we hope to see you again in the future.

Room tip: Family room is the best, pleanty of room
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank YZ545
Reviewed 6 November 2020

i would actually give Mercure a 5 star but there denial in providing me with iron is what has let me to give three stars.
it was really sad that they would not have an iron and iron board!
breakfast was 4 on 5
dinner was 3 on 5

also it’s sad that they provide preheated frozen food in there resturant .

so the bottom line is if you don’t need an iron for your clothes and you can find an alternative to there restaurant then it is a nice compact place .It’s a good hotel for 1-2 nights . But more than that i would suggest to avoid. Also may be due to covid regulations the AC was not working .
also the front desk is nice and responsive.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Departure770865
Andrea Stancato, Owner at Mercure Palermo Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at Mercure Palermo Centro.

I was sorry to learn that your stay on this occasion fell short of your expectations concerning the dinner and I apologise for any discomfort or inconvenience caused by the absence of the iron and iron board.

Unfortunately, as my colleague explained you, for safety reasons we cannot provide any iron and iron board in the room, but we do provide an external laundry service for any need.

I would like to apologise furthermore for the dinner you experienced: the menu offers a wide range of fresh choices, I am sorry If you felt your dish was not fresh as It was supposed to be. I will talk to the F&B manager to make sure that the waiter will help any customer on this hard choice of the fresh dish.

We appreciate though your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sincerely
Andrea Stancato

Reviewed 28 October 2020

We had a wonderful stay. Hotel was clean and comfortable and located close to all the major sites in Palermo. Staff serving breakfast were professional. In particular, we won’t forget Vincenza who went out of her way everyday to ensure that me and my daughter were looked after properly. We were really impressed with her kindness, friendly attitude and generosity. Thank you so much

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Nadira520
Reviewed 18 September 2020

We ended up staying in Palermo unexpectedly as the port was closed on the Sunday afternoon. We chose the Mecure Centro and would definitely go back. Staff were friendly and helpful, everything was super clean. The location was perfect - close to the port for us to get the ferry (less than 10 minute walk) and also close to everything the centre - 5 to 10 minutes walk to Teatro Massimo with all the bars and restaurants. The room was quiet, bright and spacious with a mini balcony and a lovely bathroom - the bed was huge! If we were back in Palermo, I would stay here for sure - ticks all the boxes and a very reasonable price. Breakfast is a bit more complicated with COVID and no longer self-service but the staff make it work.

Date of stay: September 2020