See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Awful experience!
The owner was really rude and bossy, he even yelled at me in the middle of the courtyard because I was a little late when I checked in. I was alone at 10 pm and this man made me cry. Luckily a neighbour noticed this situation and gave me some support by calming the man down.
The courtyard was dirty and depressing.
The room was absolutely different in comparison with the pictures shown on the website; it had no curtains, the window couldn't be opened, and the mattress was stone hard. The same with the pillows.
The supposed "Breakfast Terrace" is a bluff.
I slept over that night and escaped first time in the morning! I found I really nice hotel (Gran Bretagna) for 10€ more per night.

Room tip: Avoid rooms with courtyard view.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Teresa F
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Even though I had explicitly written to let them know I was allergic to perfumes etc. when we entered the room assigned to us (bottom floor, second on the left) there was still an air freshener left in the room, and a strong smell of perfume. I quickly removed this, and realized it was put there in order to attempt to mask the strong mold smell in the room. This room was really horrible - the paint completely cracked on the walls, there was no air movement, just a tiny window, and no light, and the bathroom had stains of black mold in it. I felt sick in there, and asked if we could change rooms but were told no others were available. I didn't sleep at all that night. The next day I was ready to switch hotels but then they "found" us another room on the first floor. It was like day and night - this room was beautiful, airy and bright - i quickly felt so much better. However, i do agree with other reviewers that the shower was very small and uncomfortable, and the beds were hard - though i folded an extra blanket under my sheets to soften it up a bit. Breakfast was fine, though nothing special - i skipped the coffee and later had a real espresso in a cafe, and yes, the stairs up there were quite a challenge for me, since i was suffering from knee pain. In the end, we were fairly happy there, once our room was changed. Personally I think we should have been given a discount for the first room - there is no way that the price should be the same for both.

Room tip: The rooms on the ground floor are moldy and smell, so if you are sensitive to that, chose a room on the first floor.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 days. We were lucky to find it, the property is really tucked away. And they were not there when they said they would be, we were let in by other residents. Luckily the rooms were on the ground floor, because there are lots of steps up to the first floor, and really steep steps up to the terrace for breakfast. Very average breakfast, no fruit, and again, poor coffee - and this in Italy! The room was very clean, but no safe, and really noisy with the courtyard outside full of chattering children, and a loud t.v. And again, hard beds. The hot water fir the shower took ages to come through too.

Room tip: Try for the back of the property on the ground floor.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Rooms are clean but very small. Shower is tiny and difficult to manage. Many steep steps to the upstairs rooms and even steeper steps to the terrace for breakfast. Breakfast was mainly cake, bread and croissants heated in the oven.
The courtyard outside is used by the neighbouring families and the children can be very noisy. They also watch TV outside in the courtyard in the evening.
The beds are very hard.
Difficult to find in the alleyways.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The style of rooms were very traditional in style (Sicilian) and had a lot of character and charm. The cleanliness of the rooms were flawless. The breakfast on the roof top terrace was delicious! Good location despite a few difficulties finding the place. I woud highly recommend this B&B.

Date of stay: May 2014