“Authentic, home-cooked Sicilian meals!!”
Review of Da Cristina

Da Cristina
Ranked #9 of 280 Restaurants in Taormina
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

My mother and I came here after I saw some good reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed!!

We were greeted so lovely and warmly by Mimma who explained the menu detail by detail to us (we didn't realise the menu was only at the entrance). We had the Pasta la Norma and crumbed sardine entrée based on her recommendations. Mum also had a red wine. We LOVED every part of the meal! Only accentuated by Mimma's warm and genuine service.

After our main we had a cannoli dessert (a MUST in Sicily!) and watched Mimma fill the pastry with the fresh ricotta filling and then decorate with nuts! The cannoli was DIVINE. I cannot wait/am a little worried about how many cannoli desserts I can have before my holiday ends...

Thankyou Mimma our beautiful Aussie mate. We felt a little at home from the moment we spoke with you! - Eka and Zoe

Write a ReviewReviews (1,948)

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I looove this place so much. Everyone that works here is so nice. I come here every time I visit Sicily, they have the best arancinis and the lasagna is better than anywhere else in Taormina - take my word for it.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We were on a cruise and had a full day tour of Mt. Etna and Taormina. At the start of our afternoon in Taormina, our tour guide pointed here from the church square area and recommended Da Cristina as a great place for lunch. We returned here after her 30-45 minute walk through the city and after looking at a few other places with high prices, lousy choices, and/or snooty waiters. We ended up back where we started and decided to give this a try, and I'm glad we did. When we arrived, Maxine, our tour guide, was there as well so she practiced what she preached. We chose several slices of pizza plus I bought a large bottle of water. I think they gave us more pizza than we paid for, but it was so good that we ate it all! Total for pizza and water was 13 euro! I highly recommend for lunch on a tour here. Even if you're staying here, this is a great place for lunch, a snack, or a lite meal. The staff were friendly, the bathroom was clean, and the food was very, very good, fresh, and local!

2  Thank BerlinG-ParisF
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Off a side street from the Duomo, this pizza place is self serve. Just choose your pizza slices and they bring it right to your table. We chose one pizza at a time so that all its oven baked goodness came steaming out when you take that first and last bite. The selection is pretty large and you can't go wrong with any of them. Arancini were also well made though a bit crunchier on the outside than I expected. If you like spicy make sure you drizzle (sparingly) the pepper infused olive oil to perfect the meal!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

What a find! This place is a wonderful value. There are two sections, the sit-down restaurant and bakery and the takeaway a little farther down the alley. The takeaway food is delicious and very affordable. We had amazing pistachio arancini and two different pasta dishes. There are tables outside near the takeaway area that is seat yourself. There isn't much seating, so be aware you may have to wait.

1  Thank rachellemb2014