“Authentic delicious food. Delightful staff.”
Review of Da Cristina

Da Cristina
Ranked #11 of 298 Restaurants in Taormina
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Stumble upon this place after searching restaurants that were closed for the holiday. Given that it was 1st Jan. It was a great find. They only have few tables but we didn’t wait to be seated. For starters we had Caprese ( fresh mozzarella and tomatoes sprinkled with oregano) and an Octopus salad. As for the main dish I had maccheroncini with eggplant, mozzarella and tomato sauce, a typical plate they have here. It was one of the three ready to serve meals they have readily available. While my boyfriend had Spaghetti alle vongole e cozze, a special of the day cooked as we ordered. To finish we had Tiramisu which was very good. Everything was delicious and fresh. I understood that this was a recent extension of their pastry shop next door that does typical pastries that are of excellent quality. We paid €32 for everything, only drank water. Service was quick too. A must try if you are in a budget and want to try authentic local meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I went with my parents and sister and we had pizza, lasagna, arancini and a closed top pizza. We also had soda and wine. It wasn't too expensive and the food was really tasty. We are planning to return before leaving Taormina.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

As this had the best review for arancini in Sicily (if it's good enough for Gino it's good enough for us) we needed to give it a go. In fact, we loved it so much that we went back the following night to try the rest of the flavours. We didn't go into the restaurant but had a take away and sat at the table and chairs outside enjoying the ambiance and wonderful food. Forget the calories, you really do need to give this place a try for arancini; we didn't try anything else so are unable to comment further.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

My mother and I came here after I saw some good reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed!!

We were greeted so lovely and warmly by Mimma who explained the menu detail by detail to us (we didn't realise the menu was only at the entrance). We had the Pasta la Norma and crumbed sardine entrée based on her recommendations. Mum also had a red wine. We LOVED every part of the meal! Only accentuated by Mimma's warm and genuine service.

After our main we had a cannoli dessert (a MUST in Sicily!) and watched Mimma fill the pastry with the fresh ricotta filling and then decorate with nuts! The cannoli was DIVINE. I cannot wait/am a little worried about how many cannoli desserts I can have before my holiday ends...

Thankyou Mimma our beautiful Aussie mate. We felt a little at home from the moment we spoke with you! - Eka and Zoe

1  Thank EPC2010
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I looove this place so much. Everyone that works here is so nice. I come here every time I visit Sicily, they have the best arancinis and the lasagna is better than anywhere else in Taormina - take my word for it.