All reviews infinity pool jazz music corso umberto marble floors the main street breathtaking views junior suite terrace bar beautiful hotel overlooking the bay breakfast was included an upgrade booked this hotel central location fresh fruit ionian sea balcony
Reviewed 4 October 2017

First the Beauty. This hotel's location cannot be beat. It is in the center of town and the entry door leads to RIGHT THERE. The back of the property offers the most fantastic views imaginable. Sit outside high above the sea for a cocktail or dinner. Also, the quality of common space and the rooms is very well kept.
Now the Beast. We booked four nights, Friday through Monday, during the warm weather months and the air conditioning for the whole building broke down on Saturday. It still was not repaired by Monday. They did offer to buy us a dinner as compensation for the discomfort. It was our first time in Sicily so I cannot say if this is a common occurrence. I would have to believe a property owned by Hilton or Marriott would have gotten the A/C repaired immediately.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water are obviously much more in demand but also much more expensive. Rooms facing the street will hear more of the noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ninoaviate
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon and were upgraded to their junior suite! The room was very luxurious with breath-taking views from the balcony. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was excellent. There is an amazing infinity pool with the same breath-taking views looking out onto the sea.The breakfasts were good although not spectacular for a 5* hotel. Food very good in the restaurant although pricey, probably about right for a 5* hotel in Taormina though. If you're driving here, it's a bit confusing as you have to drop your car off in the garage on the ground level, there is no car park.
The location of the hotel is fantastic being right in the centre of Taormina and within walking distance of everything.
Three nights was not enough, didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous find..
Views to die for, right on the corso umberto, and 15 seconds walk to the main town square which is full of activity..
The hotel staff are wonderful, speak great English, and are always smiling..
The breakfast terrace is marvellous, and the choice is wonderful..
We can recommend the scrambled/poached or fried eggs, all cooked to order and quick..
More pastries than you could count, and super choice of fruits etc.
We had deluxe sea view rooms which were upgraded to suites, and all with fabulous sea views...
The infinity pool is lovely, and was never rammed with guests..
This hotel is a real gem, and once inside you cannot hear anything outside..
Spoil yourself, it's worth it..
Will definitely go back..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank keith g
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Firstly I have to start with the positives, amazing location with breath taking views. The views of the coast are amazing and you can stare into the sea forever and a day.
The drinks are amazing, but at 20 euros a drink, it is very expensive and there are places nearby that are a fraction of the cost.

This is not a 5 star hotel, in my opinion it is a very good 3 star or a very poor 4 star. I can't help but wonder if the fact it has a spa and pool give it the additional stars.

The room we had was one of the cheaper rooms with a view of the street and no balcony, however that wouldn't have been a problem as we paid for one of the cheaper rooms which was still very expensive, but as we were there for 5 nights we were happy as it meant we wouldn't spend all our time there. We were offered an upgrade to one of their suites, but would have been an additional £300 a night, which we could not justify. The room had an open bath/shower, with a very small screen which meant water went everywhere when having a shower. The ventilation in the bathroom didn't look like it had been cleaned in sometime as it was very dusty and there were cracks in the room. The dust was mentioned to the staff however it wasn't cleaned throughout our stay. There was also one night where my wife and I had a shower and there was no hot water, meaning we both ended up having a cold shower. This was mentioned and again it was a half hearted apology and seemed dismissive.
The bed could have been one of the best parts of the room, the mattress was very comfortable, however when booking a double bed, I would expect a double bed and not have two twin beds put together, this left a lump in the middle where it joined and made it very comfortable.

The serving staff were amazing, very helpful, however they are over worked and had to wait sometime for drinks and being served at times. The reception staff have an air of arrogance about them and were not approachable in my opinion.

There was also a two their service in my opinion, the pool area people are served with plastic glasses, due to the nature of the location which is fair enough, unless you are a certain person/family, then you are provided with glass, it's not a big deal, but does leave you feeling that you are not as important as some, which in a 5 star hotel where you are paying a lot of money, this should not be the case.

I had a massage, which was okay, but I didn't leave feeling relaxed and that they had done a great job, I've had far better ones in london and again for the fraction of the price.

This was booked for out honeymoon, I was expecting great things, however it didn't live unto expectations.

Taormina however is amazing and my wife and I had a great time. Where as the hotel did not add to the experience, it didn't take it away either and if I could do it again I would definitely book somewhere else at a fraction of the cost.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Euge1982
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My wife and I were on a cruise and when docked in Messina we decided to visit the hillside town of Tauromina and when there visited the Metropole Hotel. This was a 5 star hotel and the food and service was certainly that. A superb location with breathtaking views and a pleasure to visit. A little pricey but well worth a visit.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the bay is fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple