Hotel Villa Ducale
Le Grand Soleil(Taormina)
Hotel Continental(Taormina)
Soleado(Taormina)
2,148 results
All reviewsmount etnacocktail hourfree shuttleshuttle serviceour honeymoonhotel shuttlesister hotelwelcome drinkglass of proseccomoment you arrivebreathtaking viewsperched highcakesthe entire staffjunior suitesmall hotelstayed longer
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Over 32 years of marriage we have been fortunate to travel to many fine destinations, we have two hotels we return to knowing we will have a relaxing holiday with good food and service, one in Cotswold UK and second in Northern Italy, we have now found the third!

The attention to detail, food, kindness of all staff was second to none.

A Hotel to be highly recommend to friends, colleagues and family.

• Stayed: April 2011
5  Thank Alun-Gill
Reviewed 27 April 2011

This is the first review I write after more than 40 years of travel, prompted by the fact that this hotel has really everything for providing the relaxed vacation one is looking for: the reception and care was exemplary; the staff, without exception, was always helpful, competent and imaginative in responding to the unforeseen; the catering, even at dinner time, is excellent; the setting is wonderful and the shuttle bus into town is a substitute for confronting the sinuous access with your own car or walking your way down (and up again). We had a wonderful time during the 3 days we stayed here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RogerMaria
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a 3 day stay at the Villa Ducale in Taormina and in a nut shell it was heaven on earth. We were welcomed in a way that has never happened to us before and we have travelled to many places in the world. The owner of the Villa, a lovely lady named Rosaria, met us with open arms and welcomed us into her home and made it quite clear that we were to regard her Villa as our home for the next 3 days. We arrived at lunch time and we were given aprons and I was lead away to the kitchen to have an Italian cooking lesson and to prepare lunch for the rest of the staff and the rest of the guests. Rosaria kept me under her watchful eye and to my surprise a lunch was prepared in a way that was a surprise to myself. She gave us some red and white wine and we enjoyed the lunch and her company very much.The reception staff of Alesia, Paulo and Antonio who were on duty when we arrived were fantastic. Their attitudes and friendliness left us spell bound. They all made us feel that we were the only guests in the Villa.........fantastic. They were always availble to satisfy any of our travel enquiries and needs.Their helpfulness and friendliness was something travellers do not often experience in Europe. The villa itself is 5 star with beautiful open lounge area and decor. The suites are extremely well appointed and beautifully finished off. One can go on and on about Villa Ducale but quite honestly we can say that it is one of the best places that we have stayed at anywhere in the world. A big thank you to all the staff at the Villa and to Rosaria for everything that she did for us to make our stay in Sicily one that we will rember for many many years to come.........and if you want a cook please contact me!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank fergieboysa
Reviewed 13 April 2011

As I read some of the other current reviews, I found that all my fantastic compliments had been taken. Believe me, everything you are reading is not exaggerated, but completely true! I have had the pleasure of staying in many countries and many lovely hotels/villas, but this one has a charm that you will find different from ALL others. They have captured a rare combination of luxury and a warm and thoughtful staff. We have all stayed places that had one or the other, but rarely both. I have never seen a staff work harder to make their guests feel both welcome and important. When they say they want you to feel like you are visiting the villa of a friend, they mean it., and act accordingly.

I could go on for hours about the beautiful accommodations, the magnificent views, fabulous and creative breakfasts, and wonderful staff, but this can be seen throughout other reviews. We ate dinner there all four nights of our stay, two of which we requested special dinners (not on the menu), and they were prepared just for us. This is just one example of their hospitality.

I salute beautiful and gracious Rosaria Quartucci, Paolo, whose people skills are unexcelled, my dear, sweet Luanna, and the entire competent, kind staff. Thank you for a wonderful stay in your home.

Dorothy and Hal

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Goldie429
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Seldom do hotels excel in so many departments. The location high above Taormina affords the most stunning views. The staff, absolutely everyone we met, were genuinely delightful and professional. In a busy tourist town, this hotel manages to make you feel like you are not just another tourist arriving. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: April 2011