“My Second Visit To Hotel Villa Ducale With Great Views!”
Review of Hotel Villa Ducale

Hotel Villa Ducale
Ranked #1 of 87 Hotels in Taormina
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I am a profoundly deaf solo traveller and stayed at the charming boutique 4 star Hotel Villa Ducale AGAIN this year for 4 nights recently! When I arrived the first evening, I was welcomed with open arms by Antonio, Alessia and Santina, who provided me with a glass of Sicilian wine! Afterwards, Antonio took me to a ‘honeymoon’ type suite deluxe with ornate interiors – I felt like a Royal Highness and I enjoyed my experience in that suite!

The next day, it was lovely to meet Francesca the hotel breakfast waitress again and she always looked after me and the other guests first class by making sure our breakfasts were OK! I enjoyed my breakfast on the terrace with the breathtaking views of snow-capped Mount Etna and Giardini Naxos bay, again! Best view number one in Taormina from Villa Ducale, especially at sunset from the cocktail bar! That hotel is really beautiful with lots of pretty flowers around and in a peaceful location for those who want to get away from the crowd! It provides the free frequent shuttle to, and from Taormina town and the beaches, also it has 2 bus stops nearby where we can get the buses down to Taormina, or up to the ‘fairy tale’ mountain village of Castelmola! OR you would be able to walk down from that hotel to Taormina town via the public pathway where you would enjoy the panoramic views on foot like I did. It should take you about 10 to 15 minutes if you walk straight down. There is some seating and the lampposts for the dark hours.

Later on, it was great to meet the hotel owner Andrea again! Later, they moved me to another room due to the fully booked, as I had already agreed with them before. I would advise you to book your hotel room well in advance – Villa Ducale is a very popular hotel in Taormina!!

All the attentive multi-tasking staff, including Luca were able to do the reception job, porter job, cooking and serving the meals, etc. during their shifts!! They were so amazing keeping smiling when they were busy! I must say that they looked after me so well during my stay – big thanks to them!

I really loved that hotel! I feel sure you would want to go back to that hotel after your first stay! I would love to go back there from time to time!

Hotel Villa Ducale just won the Conde Nast Award for the most romantic hotel in Europe 2010! I am really pleased about this, because Andrea, Rosaria and all the attentive staff deserved it!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
14  Thank Deaf-Debo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed 2 December 2009

I was delighted to return to the Villa Ducale and found, after three years, that they have kept up the very high standards that brought me back and have even managed to make some improvements. The staff are as outstanding as on my previous visit. We ate dinner in the hotel on our first evening and were so impressed with the food and friendly service that we saw no reason to look elsewhere during the rest of our stay.

If you are looking for a magical location high above a beautiful old town, where you feel you are staying with friends, Villa Ducale is the place.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank Vancouver_Blue
Reviewed 28 November 2009

It's hard to believe that the Hotel Villa Ducale has improved since our visit in 2008. The greeting was even warmer (a great incentive to return) and the introduction of the evening session for drinks on the terrace - apart from its wonderful staff, its greatest asset - did much to allow fellow guests to share their gushing enthusiasm for the experience we were each enjoying. A special thanks to the entire team - front and back of house, drivers and cleaners etc - for their kind and friendly service. And a particular mention for making my birthday such a special evening. We chose to spend it with you in the confidence that we would have the best treatment, the best home made food and the best company possible. We have found our own "Famiglia Siciliana" and we will return to see you again as soon as we can.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank John_the_Rower
Reviewed 23 November 2009

This was a treat for our honeymoon and we loved the 3 nights we spent at Dulace. Luca the owner educated us on Sicilian life, Antonio welcomed us in on our arrival with a perfect local glass of wine and Alicia took time to explain the benefits of the hotel in our arrival "briefing". Loved the extras such as free hotel shuttel bus, DVD's for quiet nights in (we of course watched The Godfather!), amazing breaksfast spread (prosecco and cake as additional goodies plus the usual breakfast fare) and the evening cocktail hour with complimentary canapes overlooking glorious Etna and the shimmering lights of Taormina below. This is not a cheap hotel, but it is indeed very lovely and highly deserves its ranking.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank samjam
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Very nice amenities but you cannot walk into town easily.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple