Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews stayed longer we would have steam room and sauna superb hotel glass of wine train station carolina renovation hill luxury charm
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

This hotel is quite special. Truly outstanding and attentive service. I gave the concierge, Susanna, free reign on recommendations for dinner and she totally delivered. One in particular was one the best restaurants ever in Italy! The breakfast area was absolutely beautiful and the breakfast service (superb!) and food (delish, generous portions and lots of choices) was 5+ Star! The rooms were beautiful, spacious and I booked a superior room, which had beautiful sunset views over The Valley below. You should know it’s helpful to be in good shape, since Monastero is at the top of a steep hill! The entire town is a bunch of very steep hills, so you will get your workout! One more plus, the hotel is convenient walking to a lot of great restaurants and many beautiful churches! Many years ago we stayed outside of the town walls. Glad I chose to stay here, since walking to/from dinner/restaurants was a real plus! Was a terrific find, will definitely book again!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2021

I had never been to this region of Italy for more than a day visit. I had not known anyone who had stayed at Monastero di Cortona Hotel before I booked my stay. But when I arrived I was so surprised I had not stumbled across this amazing Hotel before. We were greeted and welcomed right away as if we were past guest. After a long day of touring Tuscany and wine country the Spa was a welcome sight and visit. And what can I say about the view from our hotel room . . . breathtaking. I will forever daydream about this view.
My trip and stay to Monastero di Cortona Hotel, and of the town of Cortona, was so amazing that I am booked to stay again next year. I did not have plans to come back so soon until I stayed here. After several friends heard about our stay they now want to visit with us!
I am so grateful for an amazing visit and stay at Monastero di Cortona. Their hospitality and beautiful hotel will have me returning as much as I am able to.

Room tip: I visited a few other rooms and I did not find one room that I would not stay in
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2021

This must be the most beautiful hotel in Cortona, sitting on a hilltop. Lovely views, an excellent breakfast and very friendly staff. We had a superior room on the second floor with the most fantastic country views.
Hotel offers very clear instructions on how to get to hotel and I strongly suggest they are followed, as it is not very easy to get to. It is close to the entrance gate, but it's all uphill, so might be a little tricky for people with mobility problems.

Room tip: Superio rooms have lovely views
Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 7 September 2021

We spent a fantastic 4 days at this monastery turned hotel and spa. It was beautiful and relaxing. We had a well-appointed, breathtaking room (high ceilings, separate fancy sitting area, gorgeous views of the hills surrounding Cortona), the courtyard/poolside breakfasts each morning were lavish (in an awesome way) and delicious, the bar made fantastic drinks (and beautiful snack plates) and we LOVED the spa--we both had great massages and really enjoyed the pool and sauna. They did a wonderful job organizing things to be safe during COVID-19. It was perfect.

Reviewed 26 August 2021

I always loved Cortona as I consider it a gem among the different sites your could visit across Tuscany.
But I was totally overwhelmed by the stay in this Hotel & Spa
I understood that this hotel required almost 10 years of work to become what it is now and to preserve as much as possible the architecture of the former monastery.
The result is phenomenal together with its views if you are lucky enough to get "A Room with a view"...
We were lucky
Rooms were comfortable, the bed was large as well as the bathroom. All always immaculate.
Breakfast was great with full choices available.
Pool area is not that large but in the end sufficient to accommodate refreshment requirements.
The Spa area is simply magic....
The staff was simply great even though still making experience.
A great stay. Go there is you are around. You will not be disappointed.