Ciao Hostel
  • Restaurant
Select Hotel(Florence)
Hotel Leopolda(Florence)
View Hotel
All reviewsbed dormclose to the train stationmixed roombig mirrorshared bathroomcomfortable bedscleaned dailywalking distanceair conminute walkfloorluggagefacilitiesattractionslinenswardrobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Staff were really nice and welcoming, allowing us to store our luggage there until check in opened. The hostel rooms and both communal bathrooms are of good standard and are always clean and tidy. The fully equipped kitchen and dining area are really good, allowing us to make food at the hostel. The hostel is quite close to the station and the city centre. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Would defiantly stay again! Hostel close to train and bus station which is ideal. Nice room (3 bed private) with air con. Shared bathroom was okay, water went everywhere from shower. Kitchen available so we could make our own dinner. We found staff nice and helpful! About 10-15min walk from town in an okay area it seemed too.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I booked on booking.com and paid.
When I arrived the hostel to check in, the guy said I didn't pay, I said yes, he then ignore me and start charging using a card details, and he failed said the card didn't work, I saw the card number and that's not my card details! So I said that's not my card, and I showed him my card and ask him to double check that I've been paid, he didn't check, and said I can't be paid, just insert my card into the card machine and key the amount and give me the termianl to enter my pin number, I have no choice, I entered the pin and he finally gave me the key and wifi password. When I get into the room, I open my online banking and found the two transactions history and I go downstair to find him, at the first, he still said it can't be. And then I said ask somebody to double check, he then using cash to refund me. I'm UK citizen, my bank will charge me two transaction fee each time I used my card abroad. I said it's your responsibility to refund me the transaction fee as well, because it's your fault who charge me twice. And he said I won't refund, the bank won't charge you transaction fee. Excuse me, it's your bank or my bank? Who knows better? And the air conditioner is out of order, in 31 degree Florence!!!!!!!!!! He said he will call his colleague to check, nobody's coming. Terrible experience. Avoid this hostel, or maybe avoid this staff.

Room Tip: Avoid this hostel!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The room I stayed in was ok (4 mixed room), nothing too fancy or too shaby. The bathroom, that was shared with other 4 or 5 rooms was usually busy and not particularly the cleanest. There was nothing to air it and after showers it got too hot and steamy.
Not particularly close to the center, but easy to get there ok foot.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as we wanted reasonably priced accommodation close to the city. We weren't disappointed. We opted for a private double room which was spacious with a balcony. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen large and well equipped. Check in was easy with a delightful lady to greet us. The lift waa a bonus and totally unexpected. Extensive roadwork is happening outside at the moment (tram line being extended) which makes access a little difficult at the moment, but will only enhance the hostel's location in the future. Definitely recommend!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple