Ciao Hostel
US$237
Official Hotel Site
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$211
Hotel Hermitage(Florence)
US$288
US$255
  • Breakfast included
San Firenze Suites & Spa(Florence)
US$497
US$480
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbed dormclose to the train stationmixed roombig mirrorshared bathroomcomfortable bedscleaned dailywalking distanceair conminute walkfloorluggagefacilitiesattractionslinenswardrobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This place is nice, very well located only minutes away from the train station which connects Florence with the rest of Italy so you can do some full-day or half day trips nearby and come back and be in the hostel within a few minutes.
The construction work keeps going on the streets and some main roads so be very alert on how to get there for the first time, once you figure out the way the streets are you'll find it very easy to come and go to the station and from there it's walking distance to piazza del duomo.
The rooms are ok, tv works fine, clean towels and linens are provided, your own closet and a desk with a big mirror in the room, also functioning a/c.
The bathrooms are clean and the staff friendly and welcoming, just as many european buildings you can tell it could use a little maintenance and repair work inside to make it look deluxe, however it's fully functional. My room was on the third floor and the walls outside the rooms looked stained like from humidity, also the kitchen bathroom window could be given a little maintenance, otherwise everything worked well and the kitchen/ dinning area is well equipped and clean.
Wifi a little slow and unstable later at night but it worked fine.
Massimo and Anka, great hosts, great value for the rate.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Staff were really nice and welcoming, allowing us to store our luggage there until check in opened. The hostel rooms and both communal bathrooms are of good standard and are always clean and tidy. The fully equipped kitchen and dining area are really good, allowing us to make food at the hostel. The hostel is quite close to the station and the city centre. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Would defiantly stay again! Hostel close to train and bus station which is ideal. Nice room (3 bed private) with air con. Shared bathroom was okay, water went everywhere from shower. Kitchen available so we could make our own dinner. We found staff nice and helpful! About 10-15min walk from town in an okay area it seemed too.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I booked on booking.com and paid.
When I arrived the hostel to check in, the guy said I didn't pay, I said yes, he then ignore me and start charging using a card details, and he failed said the card didn't work, I saw the card number and that's not my card details! So I said that's not my card, and I showed him my card and ask him to double check that I've been paid, he didn't check, and said I can't be paid, just insert my card into the card machine and key the amount and give me the termianl to enter my pin number, I have no choice, I entered the pin and he finally gave me the key and wifi password. When I get into the room, I open my online banking and found the two transactions history and I go downstair to find him, at the first, he still said it can't be. And then I said ask somebody to double check, he then using cash to refund me. I'm UK citizen, my bank will charge me two transaction fee each time I used my card abroad. I said it's your responsibility to refund me the transaction fee as well, because it's your fault who charge me twice. And he said I won't refund, the bank won't charge you transaction fee. Excuse me, it's your bank or my bank? Who knows better? And the air conditioner is out of order, in 31 degree Florence!!!!!!!!!! He said he will call his colleague to check, nobody's coming. Terrible experience. Avoid this hostel, or maybe avoid this staff.

Room Tip: Avoid this hostel!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The room I stayed in was ok (4 mixed room), nothing too fancy or too shaby. The bathroom, that was shared with other 4 or 5 rooms was usually busy and not particularly the cleanest. There was nothing to air it and after showers it got too hot and steamy.
Not particularly close to the center, but easy to get there ok foot.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo