Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2017

This hotel is situated to the West of what could be described as the tourist area, placed away from the main throng.One step from the street with a lift.
This is not a bad situation for a hotel,yes you have to walk to the various places,which is not far but you benefit from cheaper food in the local shops.
If you took a left turn from the hotel you would soon find on the right a local supermarket that is not expensive.
If you turn right and once you go beyond the Porta al Prato arch prices start to rise.
Not a staggering amount but if you are travelling on a budget you need to be aware of this.
Depending on the time of year the population swells with tourists from all parts of the world.
We came toward the end of the busy season, 17-24 October so there were still more tourists than you can shake a stick at but not as many as you'd see in the Summer.
Our room was large,the one shown in the present hotel website. The bed was very comfortable although it had been a while since the floor under the bed had been swept.
The en suite was clean with adequate soap and shower gel but the towels at first sight were really thin but we soon found they were just as good as the regular fluffy ones in hotel bathrooms.
There were plenty of power sockets and the TV was local/national digital,no cable and no English speaking channels.
No tea making facilities in the room and it is a no smoking Hotel.
The balcony overlooks an abandoned work place of some sort and sometimes a cage of dirty laundry is stored there. One chair is provided but the balcony is not recommended especially when the neighbours poodle likes to pee at the dividing gate.
I love dogs so I approached it being friendly,but I have never seen a dog casually walk up to me and at the gate dividing the rooms, urinate in front of me,blew me away LOL
Of course the hotel was not perfect and we did have one annoyance and one "not coming back here again" gripe.
I can understand the reasoning but I do not like cameras in a breakfast room,we never ate there. Something about being watched while we wake up is not appealing.
I am sure the management had good reasons for it,just not for us.
The biggest complaint was not the fault of the management,region laws do not permit heating the rooms until 1st November (2017). Had we known this we would have never come to Florence. This time of year it is getting cold and if you suffer from arthritis you will know how painful being cold can be . We stayed out as late as we could dreading the night ahead and wishing we were elsewhere. It spoiled our stay.
It has to be said this is not the fault of the Hotel,the manager gave us extra blankets,which helped but its not very comfortable huddled up wrapped in a blanket.
So if you are planning to travel to Italy over the Autumn or Winter please check when the heating goes on and when it goes off. This too applies to air-con in the Summer.
The breakfast is basic with one cup of coffee per person free after that there is a charge.
The buffet consisted of sweet cakes,croissants and toast. Juice and yogurts are available. Very basic breakfast.
The manager was very business like and we were a little wary of asking questions. I could be wrong but I go the impression he had had enough of tourists for 2017.
Don't get caught out by the tourist tax AKA City Tax it can vary even in the same street. So know before you go.
The free wi fi was good in the morning and evening. Daytime not so hot.

The main train station is a bit of a walk from the hotel but do-able. Buses are numerous and frequent just don't get the wrong one as we did and had to walk the entire way east to west of florence.
Bus tickets have to be bought in advance,not from the nearby tabac shop,very unsavoury person in there. Either pay more from the bus driver or get them from the train station.
Don't forget to frank them when you get on.

Florence was a delight and we have never walked so much in our lives.
However research and research a bit more before you come.
It is amazing how you can turn a corner and find a treasure.
I found the boar that way,stroked its snout and made a wish.

One thing that was glaringly obvious about Florence...it is not wheelchair friendly.
Nearby recommendations...Caffe del 900 and a nice little restaurant two minutes walk from the hotel that distills wine I think,very helpful and friendly. The Pino is delicious.

I gave this hotel 3 stars and it would be unfair of me giving someone a problem without trying to provide a solution.
Provide more tourist information,don't wait for the guests to ask. You may be very friendly and helpful but if you are not approachable no one will know this.
We did not see any maps or brochures that pertained to Florence,I had to ask.
Sweep under the bed,provide tea/coffee making facilities and cover the camera at breakfast time. One coffee per person is Dickensian and suggests being penny pinching. Yes some may have two or three but 90% of people will only have one.
Making them only have one is counter-productive.
The coffee was good though,and I am a tea drinker !
Threatening a 50 euro fine for this or that makes a guest feel very unwelcome and will not encourage repeat business.
Breakfast needs a revamp,more savoury less sweet.

Would we come back to the Leopolda ? Perhaps but NEVER late season.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We were a large group and we found it a great place for a reasonable price. It was quite a walk from the Duomo but we enjoyed it as part of the trip (optional on the distance preference). It is a quiet neighborhood at night, perfect for a short stroll after [heavy] dinner ;)
The couple who owns the place are friendly and accommodating, they even give insider tips on how to and where to travel. Overall, meeting them was a great part of the cultural experience!

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We Reserved Hotel by booking dot com but I already hard about this hotel. It's near railway station, 15- 20 minutes. As a base is Perfect to visit Firenze and other cities like Sienna (go by bus) and Venice ( go by train). Every Time alter late dinner with chianti - go straight on to hotel with one long Street ( with lots of Secret) From heart of Firenze. Manager of hotel very polite Man, with sense of humor and full of important tips how to travel, where to go - information giver :-).

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife spent 3 nights at this hotel, made our reservation from internet.
The price is the strongest point of them. Prices are relatively ok. The staff and their behaviors were also quite fine.
However, rooms are not clean enough, housekeeping seems to do something else rather than tidying the room up. We even couldn't​ get clean sheets.
At this time of the year Florence is quite cold, with rains you can easily catch a cold. There were no heating option at all in the room. We simply had to bare the cold.
You are expected to checked in later on 14:00 yet your check out time has to be sooner than 9:00 a.m. , this is ridiculous and puts your feet in one shoe.
Fortunately the hotel is not so far away from the center and main train station.
Hope this comment helps you. They gotta change something, they have a potential though...

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PATRIZIA V, Responsabile reception at Hotel Leopolda, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

"...A NEW YOUTH TRAVELER... WITH FEW EXPERIENCE... WITH FALSE NEWS..."

Dear Mr. Abdusselam,
I reply informing You that our housekeeping work in right way, as all of our Guest recognize to us, and of course and it's NOT POSSIBLE to require, (as You did), the cleaning of Your room at 03:00 p.m. because You slept till that time!.

Of course, I remember You that You paid for 03 nights just abt. € 50,00 per night per room and towels are changed, in line with the promotional rate you have choosed, every two days.

Heating problems'...We inform that in Italy is our goverment that decides the period of switch-on and switch-off of the heating. This period in Florence is from 1st November to 15th April.

" ...A NEW YOUNG TRAVELLER

Dear Mr. Abdusselam, in our country we have to follows the laws !!!

Anyhow dont be ridicolus, You have been stayed in our Hotel fm. 6th May to 9th May w/ an external temperature of 22° ! I suggest to You on Your next trip, eventually, to keep w/ You a bigger luggage w/ some more clothes.

I confirm You that our Check-in is from 14:00 to 22:00, as 99% of the Hotel use to grants to their Guests.

WHILE YOU HAVE WROTE NOT THE TRUE ABOUT OUR CHECK-OUT TIME WHICH IS WITHIN 10:30 AND NOT AS You has wrote within 09:00.

Brgds

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I stayed in this hotel on 8th and 9th October 2016, The worst part of our tour is staying in this hotel in Italy. The lady was terrible, we requested for a packed breakfast on 9th morning as we have to take tour to Pisa and Siena at 8 AM but the lady owner was always saying that she cannot give breakfast before 7.30 AM. Where ever we stayed in Italy the breakfast time was 7-10 AM , but this hotel it was 7.30 -9.30 AM. And obviously breakfast was pathetic.

regards