Le Stanze dei Medici
US$447
US$399
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$450/night.

NH Firenze(Florence)
c-hotels Club(Florence)
US$116
US$94
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$503
US$162
US$140
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Great location, good room and great service, all what you need if you are in place for a short time. We wanted to explore the city and found that the location was very central and was a walk away from everything.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Our group booked two rooms in B & B Le Stanze dei Medici.

The position of the B&B is very good, on Via Cavour, 10 minutes walk from the Duomo and very close to Accademia Gallery.

When we arrived we were met by a very pleasant and kind host Michael. The entrance to the building is tidy and good looking, floors are high but there is an elevator.

We got two rooms, room 2 and room D. Room number 2 was acceptable, modest but fine. On the other hand, room D, the room where I stayed, was dark and claustrophobic, with a bathroom located two steps above the room with exit to a very messy balcony, full of various supplies and on which, two external airconditioning units were placed.

There were doors in the bathroom that were locked. The room was located next to breakfast room. The bathroom, although modest, was relatively clean (except muddy shower) but smelled of sewage.

Visible traces of someone's struggle with mosquitoes were present on the walls and on the ceiling. There was no view from the room, but the view to the wall of another building.

But the most annoying thing was the terrible noise from the airconditioning units on the balcony. Noise was only bearable with window closed. I called the owner, asked for change of the room, which was not possible but I was told that I am free to find another accomodation the next day, which I did.

My room, room D, was not adequate for the price we paid.

Breakfast was very poor, packaged croissants and bread, cheese triangles. The men who was present in the breakfast room was very nice and unobtrusive.

Room Tip: Avoid room D - noisy and claustrophobic
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I have attached photos.

TRAVEL: Perfect location for this boutique hotel not far from the Duomo and San Marco Square, as it’s easy to walk anywhere but put your walking shoes on because you will need them.

There are no big signs telling you where the hotel is so you will have to use a map/Google maps and allow a 15-20 min walk from the Train Station to find it. Use main roads with your suitcases because the narrow cobblestone streets are tricky with cars, motorbikes and the wheels on your cases.

I took the Airport shuttle bus, which was fine, and the walked from the train station. There are buses from the train station to San Marco Square but finding the bus stop is a problem let alone purchasing tickets from a tobacco shop, as they don’t take cash on the busses.

Here is the email from the owner:
From Peretola airport you can take a taxi (around 20/30 minutes for 20/25 euros) and arrive directly to our B&B or you take the Shuttle –‘Vola in Bus’. When you arrive at the train station take a public bus 17/23A in the direction San Marco square and we are a few steps from the corner of the square, Via Cavour 42.

HOTEL: Not a really busy street but the rooms face into a courtyard, which can be noisy at night until people having dinner go to bed? When you arrive there is a lift, which you take to the second floor. The room is spacious and clean with a small bathroom consisting of a shower, toilet and basin. It’s not plush but absolutely fine and consistent with everywhere else I have stayed in Italy. I was more than happy with my room.

BREAKFAST: A typical light Italian breakfast consisting of: cereal, croissants, wrapped cheese, yogurt, tea and coffee. There are plenty of café’s and restaurants locally should you want anything further.

NOTE: The hotel staff are wonderful and will contact you to find out your arrival time because the receptionist is only there when guests arrive but the owners, who are absolutely lovely, will go out of their way for you and are there in the mornings. There is Wi-Fi but I couldn’t get it to work but was able to use a different code and the receptionist will allow you to print off your boarding pass should you require it.
I highly recommend this boutique hotel for a relatively inexpensive stay in Florence.

TIP: You can purchase a Florence card from the tourist information desk at the airport for entry to nearly all sights and museums but I booked the popular galleries online before I went so I didn’t have to queue as there were always queues. When purchasing tickets for the various sections of the Duomo, the ticket office machines allow you to reserve time slots, which is recommended. To walk up and down the Bell Tower and Dome is a total of 1,754 steps but very worth while for the fantastic views.

Room Tip: Room windows face into courtyard which can be noisy in evening but this happens everywhere
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank THEBONDIGIRL
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Wonderful hotel! One of our favourites during our Europe tour. It was quite easy to find once off getting off the train. We checked in right away - the front desk was incredibly friendly and welcoming. He gave us a map, and immediately gave us a bucket list of things to do. We really appreciated this. he had books that he allowed about Florence for us to borrow as well. Breakfast was great - we ate both mornings. It was well served, and very nicely presented. This hotel is located in the heart of the city - literally a 5 min walk to the Duamo! Couldn't have asked for a better stay. Thank you to the hotel management!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
lauraFirenze, Proprietario at Le Stanze dei Medici, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

My Dear Guest,we thank you so much for the beautiful words and favourable comment which you have done us ,we always do everything as best we can so that our guests enjoy a great stay. We hope to see you again, you are always wellcome.

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

I' ve been there during summer holidays with my family. It' s in the center of the city near the most important monuments. Grasia have been very polite with us and most of all with our kids. The room was really clean and comfortable, the breakfast very good. We had a really good time.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family