“A beautiful hotel with a great staff”

The St. Regis Florence
Ranked #14 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We have just returned from a six day stay at this hotel. We were warmly greeted by the reception staff who informed us that since our room wasn't ready yet, they had made another room available for us to use until ours was ready. They apologized about the size of the room which was really perfect for a temporary use. The concierge staff was very knowledgable and helpful. Our room was really beautiful with a small balcony overlooking the river. The location of the hotel is also very convenient to most of the major attractions in Florence. If there is any negative, service in the breakfast room was a bit inconsistent but that was really not that important since there are plenty of places nearby to go. I look forward to staying here again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I have been to Europe numerous times and have stayed most of the top hotels (Ritz, Four Seasons, etc...). This is the first time I have stayed at the St Regis in Florence and it is by far one of the most elegant and nicest hotels in Europe. We stayed there for 4 nights wanting to do nothing but visit tourist sites, eat great food, and relax. We didn't even rent a car as the hotel is right on the Arno River and within a 5 minute walking distance to all the sites in downtown Florence. The concierge arranged for us to have wonderful dinners each night around the city that were also first class. The hotel itself and the property are simply stunning. Very elegant yet relaxed. The rooms are modern but still maintain a beautiful Florentine feel, the beds were also very comfortable, as you would expect from a Starwood owned property. Ultimately, if you want a great and elegant hotel then go to St Regis in Florence. It is truly a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Badbruddah
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed here (room 218) with my wife at the end of April to begin our honeymoon. The reception staff were fabulous. To begin with, we were upgraded to a beautiful river view room. Throughout our stay, and even after we checked out the staff went out of their way to be nice and helpful to us.

The room, as I stated above, was beautiful (see pictures and judge for yourself). When we first entered the room both of us said "wow". The decor is very impressive; especially the Murano glass chandelier. It was also very quiet. I did not hear any noise from the hallway, the street, the air heating system or adjacent rooms as you might in other hotels. The bed was very comfortable.

The bathroom is not necesarily special compared to that of other hotels in this category, until you see the built-in TV within the mirror! I had never seen anything like it before.

One are that felt short of expectations was housekeeping. Although the room and bathroom were clean, I did not see the same level of service that I did a few days later at the Park Hyatt in Milan.

Overall, this is really a great hotel.

Room Tip: Room 218 is really beautiful. It has a small balcony and the river view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2012

It is with sadness that I am writing this review.
I spent several days at the St. Regis in Florence this past winter. The hotel is beautiful, as was my room. The staff were very helpful. I truly enjoyed getting to know them.
The hotel sent a bottle of champagne to my room for my birthday, which I so appreciated.
The first morning that I was there I was getting ready to leave and meet a friend.
A number of hotel staff members entered my room to do various things. Each time I brought my handbag into the bathroom with me as I was applying my make up.
When the last person left, I realized I left my handbag in the bedroom that time.
After I met my friend, I reached into my zippered compartment of my handbag to pull out my gold necklace. (I always remove it at night and place it in the same compartment when traveling.)
It was not there. I emptied my handbag and thoroughly searched my room when I returned to the hotel. No necklace.
I reported this problem to management and was told it probably slipped off at night while I was sleeping, and he will check with housekeeping. I never sleep with that necklace on for it would be too uncomfortable.
No one found it.
I have so many positive memories of my stay. Unfortunately, they are all overshadowed due to the fact, I left without my cherished necklace.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank GratefulTraveler_11
Reviewed 6 May 2012

A great location, beautiful reception and good staff but the shower ran hot and cold, the noise outside made it difficult to sleep and the fire alarm rang on and off for half an hour in the morning. For the price I would have expected a lot more space, also.

As always, because this is part of the Starwood Preferred Guest chain, you will be ripped off with the loyalty points, too.

Disappointing.