US$258
US$250
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$106
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$227
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

US$106
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

FH Calzaiuoli Hotel(Florence)
US$196
US$149
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

Hotel Pendini(Florence)
US$186
US$177
Hotel Roma(Florence)
US$244
US$140
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

US$280
US$209
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$285/night.

US$109
US$93
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

c-hotels Club(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$93
Priceline
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

1,380 results
All reviewsbutler servicewinter gardenarno riverchampagne ritualbeautiful hotelstarwood pointsbathroom mirrorconcierge deskupgraded to a suiteold worldfour seasonsbottle of champagneponte vecchiobeautiful roomeach eveningour honeymoonfavorite hotel
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This is literally the nicest hotel I think i've ever stayed at. I am a platinum SPG member and they treated us like royalty. They made us feel welcomed and wanted and were so helpful in everything we did. The room itself was ridiculously nice...seriously the best room I have ever stayed in. It had multiple levels, 2 HUGE bathrooms, 2 sitting rooms, awesome artwork, amazing hardwood floors, and the views were outstanding.

Even being platinum and getting upgraded often, this was by far the most amazing room I've ever stayed in. Well done SPG!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear Eggbert34,
I’m really grateful for taking the time to express yourself by writing this review. It’s so helpful for us to know how our guests, and especially our Starwood Preferred Guest as you are (even Platinum!), perceive our services.
I highly appreciate your compliments about the amazing room we gave you and I’m glad to read you felt welcomed.
Thank you once again for staying at The St. Regis Florence. It would be my distinct pleasure to personally welcome you back for your future holidays.
All my kindest regards, Ombretta Comito

Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel was by far the fanciest and most elegant hotel my wife and I have ever stayed in.

Without any request on our part, we were upgraded to a different room than we booked. To say the "upgrade" was significant would be an understatement.

From the "butler service" on the floor to the amenities in the room to the enormity of the bed, we were stunned and impressed. The room was extremely elegant, we overlooked the Arno River, and we had every need and request taken care of often almost as soon as we requested it!

I would DEFINITELY stay here again (upgrade or not) and was duly impressed with the quality, courtesy, helpfulness, and professionalism of the entire staff at the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear Langley_BC
You've just made our day with this wonderful review sharing your pleasurable discovery at The St. Regis Florence! It’s an honor for us to know you found the hotel as the fanciest and most elegant you ever stayed, and most of all to know you were duly impressed with quality, courtesy, helpfulness, and professionalism of the entire staff!
Do let me know when you're planning your next trip so I may help with any of your reservation details prior to arrival. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you all back soon. Ombretta

Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel was absolutely amazing. There are even TVs in the mirror. I was very lucky because when me and my grandparents went we got upgraded to a amazing suite. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The bed was extremely comfortable and in my rooms the smaller of the two I had a huge TV. The only sad thing was that the main channel that had the Olympics was Euro sport Deutschland which was in German. I also had the best dinner of my life at the restaurant. The breakfast was very good as well. The service was also very good. It is also in a very good location and you can see the Ponte Vecchio.

Room Tip: Just email them to see if you can get a free upgrade. My grandpa's trick is to tell the hotel that it's his anniversary.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were in Florence for a conference and stayed at the St. Regis. It is right on the Arno, and we had a glorious view from our room - I recommend upgrading if you can to a river view room. The place is gorgeous and the staff was extremely courteous and professional. The hotel is only a few blocks down the Lungarno (along the river) from the Ponte Vecchio. Drinks on the terrace in front of the hotel at night - a real pleasure!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Many other reviews note that this hotel exceeds five star standards. I couldn't agree more.

The hotel itself is beautiful. It is a historic building but has been recently renovated to provide every modern convenience and luxury. From what we were told, up until 2011 it was a Luxury Collection hotel that closed for huge renovations and somewhat recently reopened as a St. Regis. To its great benefit, this is a smaller hotel and is never swarming with tourists. It is quiet and dignified, spotlessly clean, and its employees are rightfully proud of it. I was highly impressed with the antiques in the lobby and the efficient staff who greeted us upon arrival. From stepping out of our taxi from the train station we were whisked to the front desk without needing to even think about our luggage.

Before arriving I received an email from the hotel offering us an upgraded room (from the basic "superior" room to a "deluxe" room) for a very reasonable additional charge. I accepted the offer and am very pleased that I did. Our room was amazing -- it was huge! It felt like a suite. I was later offered an additional upgrade to a true suite for an additional 150 EUR per night, but I felt that our current room was perfect and did not change it. The woman at the front desk whispered to me that that was a smart move and that she wouldn't recommend the upgrade.

Our bedroom was enormous, the decore was classy, the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in, and there was loads of separate space for our luggage and places to store our belongings. The bathroom was giant, too, and like the rest of the room it was very luxurious. We really enjoyed the rain shower and the large soaking tub. My partner loved the TV embedded in the mirror.

Our rate did not include breakfast and we are late risers anyway, so we never had the opportunity to try it. The dining room was spectacular, though, and I would love to go there on our next visit.

The concierge staff was a bit cold, but they were always willing to answer any questions and provide us with directions upon request. I can't say that I blame them for being unenthused about answering questions about the Uffizi and the Accademia for the five billionth time.

While we were in Florence we poked around some of the other hotels for a comparison, Truly nothing that we saw compares to the St. Regis -- not even close. The Westin lies just across the small square in front of the hotel. It was quite nice, but it didn't compare to the St. Regis at all. We were given full privileges in the Westin facilities as they are "sister hotels" (both are Starwood properties), although they told us that Westin guests are not permitted to use St. Regis facilities, probably because the St. Regis is much smaller and cannot accommodate the Westin guests. The Westin seemed much bigger and was filled with people. We liked the ice cold towels they offered for guests to cool off in their lobby (it was well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit each day that we were there).

The St. Regis is well located, but I wouldn't exactly say it's in the center of town. It's probably better that way. It's in a quiet quarter just a few steps from the U.S. Consulate and other diplomatic and governmental offices. It is easy to walk to any tourist destinations or to the center of the city; in fact, that's oftentimes the only way to get around given that most of the older part of the city is closed to vehicles. We were easily able to walk everywhere that we wanted to go, even in the sweltering heat.

This particular St. Regis property really exceeded all of my expectations, which were very high after reading the reviews here on TA. I'm extremely picky about hotels, but this was definitely one of the finest properties that I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. It is one of those rare hotels that so exceeds the five star standard that it deserves a separate category of its own. I highly recommend it and look forward to returning some day. It really made our trip to Florence so much more enjoyable. Don't even think twice about whether to stay here -- it is absolutely fantastic.

Room Tip: Splurge on a "deluxe" room over the basic room types. It's not much more expensive but the rooms are much larger and nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
St_Regis_Florence, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear ItsOnlyMe5,

I’m very pleased to hear that you had a special stay and enjoyed our fantastic location, right in the heart of Florence! I appreciate your compliments about the efficient staff greeting you upon arrival and your note is a great testimony to the pride we take in serving each of our guests.

Allow me just to underline that there was a misunderstanding about the chance for the Westin Excelsior guests to use the St. Regis Facilities. As we are real sister hotels (not only because we are both Starwood, but even we have the same owner and the same management), we do have, and it’s a great pleasure for us, many Westin Excelsior Guests using our services and facilities like the Iridium SPA, the Etichetta Restaurant and the work out room.
Should your future travels bring you back to Florence, feel free to contact me directly - I will personally ensure that your next stay with us will be a most enjoyable one.

With best regards, Ombretta Comito