“Really great food, so much fun, best family activity!!”

Giglio Cooking Day Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Gigliocooking offers cooking courses of different lasting times. If you want to cook at both professional and amateur level, come to have an unique experience of culture and fun.
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We booked a private class and it was one of our favorite things to do in Italy. The pastas, and gelato were amazing and Marcella made it even better! and now we can make these things at home!! Marcella gave us some tips for when we get gelato, as well, she said that if it is puffy than it is blown up with air, which can sometimes be dangerous, and also don't go if there are 10 or more flavors. Overall, this was a great experience, and very teen friendly. My kids, (11, and 13) loved this class, and want to do it again! The private class was a great way to do this to make the dishes the kids wanted to learn how to make. The woman who helped clean up as we cooked was amazing as well (Marcella's "angel").

All reviews
"beautiful kitchen"
"osso bucco"
"learn how"

Reviewed 7 June 2017

My partner and I had a private 3 hour class with Marcella, and I have to say, it was so worth it!!! Marcella is what makes the class so special - she is lovely, knowledgeable and fun. The setting feels like a commercial kitchen, yet it is casual and the dishes you create still have the authentic home-made feel. We got to tailor our class and chose recipes from her enormous collection. We made beetroot ravioli with mushrooms, pork fillet with balsamic vinegar and leek sauce and cannolis ... yumm!! You get to know each other very well and by the end of the class, Marcella becomes a friend, you won't want to leave. This is highly recommended!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Wow what an experience!! My husband and I are celebrating our honeymoon in Florence and decided what better way to experience the culture and culinary delights of this beautiful city. As soon as we both walked in we were warmly greeted by Marcella who runs the cooking school. The kitchen and room had an amazing feel and I couldn't wait to see what delectable delights we were going to prepare for the afternoon! There were 4 of us in the class and as soon as everyone arrived Marcella briefed on us on what we were going to prepare, including where the ingredients were sourced, the regions of Italy where the dishes came from, in addition to their history. The dishes we made as a group were chicken liver pate Florentine style, risotto Milanese and ossobuco. Absolutely everything was prepared from scratch! Marcella's instruction was so easy to follow and she had so much passion as she explained everything. Of course at the end of the afternoon as a group we all got to sit down and enjoy our efforts. Oh my goodness it's difficult to put into words how devine everything tasted and how everything came together to create a sensational dining and cooking experience! My husband and I will definitely be back as we are going to attend a private class with Marcella whereby we'll get to personally design the menu and we also want to cook handmade pasta! Thankyou Marcella for creating such a wonderful experience in Florence for both my husband and I!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I traveled with a group of 20 to Italy & Greece in February 2017. The highlight of our visit to Florence, was spending a few hours with Marcella at her cooking school. First off, she explained the proper way to make pasta--the ingredients & how to work it in. Each of us were given our own bit of flour, and proceeded to make pasta. While it was resting, we were given other jobs to do. Chopping vegetables for the sauce, cutting chicken, preparing the meat sauce & tiramisu for dessert. Everyone pitched in & were expected to do their part. Marcella was very good at explaining why & how to do steps along the way. The pasta was rolled thin & cut at 3 different stations. When all was ready, we sat down to this mouth watering meal of pasta, two different types of sauces, chicken cacciatore, tiramisu for dessert & lovely wine to accompany the meal.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2017

After doing quite a bit of research on cooking schools and reading loads of TripAdvisor reviews, I decided to spend the afternoon with Marcella in a private cooking class. Before the class we exchanged several emails where she provided a list of dishes I could choose from, asked what foods I liked and what I wanted to focus on. I wanted to learn to make and cook more pasta and use some vegetables that I grow in our garden. I also told her my favorite seafoods were shrimp, tuna and octopus (which I had never cooked).

In 3 short hours we made ricotta gnocchi with pea puree, regular gnocchi with tomato sauce, tagliatelle with peas and asparagus, garganelli with shrimp and zucchini, seared tuna with olives and capers, and an octopus salad (we cooked the whole octopus). Then my lucky husband and I got to sit down and eat it all.

Marcella is friendly but professional and she put me to work, which was exactly what I wanted.

I left with all the recipes, an apron and a little ridged pasta board on which we rolled the garganelli. But more importantly I left with a wonderful memory, a new friend and newfound confidence about making pasta on my own. I cannot recommend Marcella highly enough. If you are trying to decide what kind of Italian cooking school experience to choose, don't hesitate. Book with Marcella. I plan to return on my next visit.

1  Thank Betty U