“Excellent cooking experience ”

Giglio Cooking Day Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Gigliocooking offers cooking courses of different lasting times. If you want to cook at both professional and amateur level, come to have an unique experience of culture and fun.
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Solo lesson (birthday gift) with Marcella. A truly fantastic experience, with lots of encouragement and interesting explanations ....and delicious food as well! It was a really excellent way to spend the afternoon and I learned so much from a master of her craft! Thank you so much. Charles H

All reviews
"beautiful kitchen"
"osso bucco"
"learn how"

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

A great experience: A very informative, hands-on, practical lesson to create exceptional courses, accompanied by an engaging conversation with the admirable and amiable instructor aroud the dinner table with great wine! Chef Marcella Ansaldo welcomes you at the door and immediately makes you feel at home. She gently eases you into the cooking lesson with her friendly manner, giving tons of information, and teaches you how to do everything yourself. The food is outstanding and ingredients of the highest quality, locally sourced and organic. After the lovely dinner and lively conversation, you leave having made a dear friend in Tuscany! Werklik 'n ondervinding om nie mis te loop nie. Proe egte Toskaanse kos en neem die kennis huistoe om dit self te gaan maak! Baie lekker!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I found Marcella through Trip Advisor and from the first step of contacting her to the actual cooking class was better than I could have imagined! She was unbelievably responsive, kind, easy to work with, fun and just down right amazing! I really cannot say enough. We were doing a birthday gift for my Mum. Marcella was so helpful creating the menu and making our birthday present to my Mum the highlight of our trip. She loved every second of the experience and the food was brilliant too! Our food was delicious, she was brilliant with the small kids and keeping everyone interested and involved. Marcella is very personable and fun to work with. I cannot recommend this experience enough.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We booked a private class and it was one of our favorite things to do in Italy. The pastas, and gelato were amazing and Marcella made it even better! and now we can make these things at home!! Marcella gave us some tips for when we get gelato, as well, she said that if it is puffy than it is blown up with air, which can sometimes be dangerous, and also don't go if there are 10 or more flavors. Overall, this was a great experience, and very teen friendly. My kids, (11, and 13) loved this class, and want to do it again! The private class was a great way to do this to make the dishes the kids wanted to learn how to make. The woman who helped clean up as we cooked was amazing as well (Marcella's "angel").

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 June 2017

My partner and I had a private 3 hour class with Marcella, and I have to say, it was so worth it!!! Marcella is what makes the class so special - she is lovely, knowledgeable and fun. The setting feels like a commercial kitchen, yet it is casual and the dishes you create still have the authentic home-made feel. We got to tailor our class and chose recipes from her enormous collection. We made beetroot ravioli with mushrooms, pork fillet with balsamic vinegar and leek sauce and cannolis ... yumm!! You get to know each other very well and by the end of the class, Marcella becomes a friend, you won't want to leave. This is highly recommended!