“Super cooking class in Florence”

Giglio Cooking Day Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Gigliocooking offers cooking courses of different lasting times. If you want to cook at both professional and amateur level, come to have an unique experience of culture and fun.
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I recently attended a private class with Marcella at her beautiful cooking school in Florence. Because I'm in the food business, I wanted to find an experience that was graspable enough for my less experienced mom and sisters but authentic and informative enough for me. This was the perfect marriage. Marcella is a true culinarian and historian. She's so knowledgeable about the food and history of the cuisine, the ingredients, all of it. We took a pasta-making course which was tailored to our desires. I've always been intimidated by making pasta by hand but no longer. We made four incredible pastas, including gnocchi, and 4 delicious sauces. We sat down to a fun meal afterward with Marcella.

I am back home and made the gnocchi and sauce for my family and of turned out perfectly. Everyone freaked out about how good it was and it will become a part of my routine. The $600 Williams and Sonoma pasta machine is going to my friend's garage sale and I've ordered a $65 pasta roller ad all pasta is going to be made using Marcella's recipes and this simple roller from now on.

Please trust me when I tell you that you will have a blast and learn a lot at Giglio Florence. I also thought the class was a great value for what we learned, the one on one time we received and compared to the cost of other classes.

2  Thank ChefMarcey
gigliocooking, Owner at Giglio Cooking Day Course, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Said by a Chef, this is fantastic!

Dear Marcey, I am sorry to respond so late

I thank you for this fantastic review and the nice words.

I hope to come again to NY!

a dea hut

"pizza"
in 9 reviews
"learn how"

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Solo lesson (birthday gift) with Marcella. A truly fantastic experience, with lots of encouragement and interesting explanations ....and delicious food as well! It was a really excellent way to spend the afternoon and I learned so much from a master of her craft! Thank you so much. Charles H

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

A great experience: A very informative, hands-on, practical lesson to create exceptional courses, accompanied by an engaging conversation with the admirable and amiable instructor aroud the dinner table with great wine! Chef Marcella Ansaldo welcomes you at the door and immediately makes you feel at home. She gently eases you into the cooking lesson with her friendly manner, giving tons of information, and teaches you how to do everything yourself. The food is outstanding and ingredients of the highest quality, locally sourced and organic. After the lovely dinner and lively conversation, you leave having made a dear friend in Tuscany! Werklik 'n ondervinding om nie mis te loop nie. Proe egte Toskaanse kos en neem die kennis huistoe om dit self te gaan maak! Baie lekker!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I found Marcella through Trip Advisor and from the first step of contacting her to the actual cooking class was better than I could have imagined! She was unbelievably responsive, kind, easy to work with, fun and just down right amazing! I really cannot say enough. We were doing a birthday gift for my Mum. Marcella was so helpful creating the menu and making our birthday present to my Mum the highlight of our trip. She loved every second of the experience and the food was brilliant too! Our food was delicious, she was brilliant with the small kids and keeping everyone interested and involved. Marcella is very personable and fun to work with. I cannot recommend this experience enough.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We booked a private class and it was one of our favorite things to do in Italy. The pastas, and gelato were amazing and Marcella made it even better! and now we can make these things at home!! Marcella gave us some tips for when we get gelato, as well, she said that if it is puffy than it is blown up with air, which can sometimes be dangerous, and also don't go if there are 10 or more flavors. Overall, this was a great experience, and very teen friendly. My kids, (11, and 13) loved this class, and want to do it again! The private class was a great way to do this to make the dishes the kids wanted to learn how to make. The woman who helped clean up as we cooked was amazing as well (Marcella's "angel").