“Bon Appetito!! Do this!!”

Giglio Cooking Day Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Gigliocooking offers cooking courses of different lasting times. If you want to cook at both professional and amateur level, come to have an unique experience of culture and fun.
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Our travel agent booked this cooking class for us and we really didn't know what to expect. Marcella, (owner, teacher, chef) welcomed us warmly, explained what we would be cooking and some of the background about the dishes. We made an appetizer, soup, beef dish, & fruit tart! This is a serious class and we learned more than just ingredients. We were busy the entire time and had so much fun. It's all cooking business until the food is done and it's time to eat the meal. Marcella owns a farm that produces most of the fresh vegetables, eggs, garlic and she even makes her own wine and olive oil!! Everything was marvelous. We would do this again. Grazie Mille Marcella!!

gigliocooking, Owner at Giglio Cooking Day Course, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Gary,

above all: my apologizes for the delay in responding.

Thank you thank you for the nice and "informative" words in your review. I am sure they will be really helpful.

With my best wishes

"pizza"
in 9 reviews
"learn how"

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

A lovely wedding present, and a great fun yet educational morning spent learning how to cook pasta, pizza, and cannoli! The ladies there speak superb English and were great with us - helping us make a delicious meal! A wonderful experience in a beautiful kitchen producing gorgeous food - what's not to like!

Dear Friend,

thank you for your nice words about me ang GiglioCooking.

I apologize for the long delay.

I wish you all the best

gratefuly

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I recently attended a private class with Marcella at her beautiful cooking school in Florence. Because I'm in the food business, I wanted to find an experience that was graspable enough for my less experienced mom and sisters but authentic and informative enough for me. This was the perfect marriage. Marcella is a true culinarian and historian. She's so knowledgeable about the food and history of the cuisine, the ingredients, all of it. We took a pasta-making course which was tailored to our desires. I've always been intimidated by making pasta by hand but no longer. We made four incredible pastas, including gnocchi, and 4 delicious sauces. We sat down to a fun meal afterward with Marcella.

I am back home and made the gnocchi and sauce for my family and of turned out perfectly. Everyone freaked out about how good it was and it will become a part of my routine. The $600 Williams and Sonoma pasta machine is going to my friend's garage sale and I've ordered a $65 pasta roller ad all pasta is going to be made using Marcella's recipes and this simple roller from now on.

Please trust me when I tell you that you will have a blast and learn a lot at Giglio Florence. I also thought the class was a great value for what we learned, the one on one time we received and compared to the cost of other classes.

2  Thank ChefMarcey

Said by a Chef, this is fantastic!

Dear Marcey, I am sorry to respond so late

I thank you for this fantastic review and the nice words.

I hope to come again to NY!

a dea hut

with my best wishes

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Solo lesson (birthday gift) with Marcella. A truly fantastic experience, with lots of encouragement and interesting explanations ....and delicious food as well! It was a really excellent way to spend the afternoon and I learned so much from a master of her craft! Thank you so much. Charles H

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

A great experience: A very informative, hands-on, practical lesson to create exceptional courses, accompanied by an engaging conversation with the admirable and amiable instructor aroud the dinner table with great wine! Chef Marcella Ansaldo welcomes you at the door and immediately makes you feel at home. She gently eases you into the cooking lesson with her friendly manner, giving tons of information, and teaches you how to do everything yourself. The food is outstanding and ingredients of the highest quality, locally sourced and organic. After the lovely dinner and lively conversation, you leave having made a dear friend in Tuscany! Werklik 'n ondervinding om nie mis te loop nie. Proe egte Toskaanse kos en neem die kennis huistoe om dit self te gaan maak! Baie lekker!