Lowest prices for your stay
US$89
Free cancellation until 16/12/22
US$96
Free cancellation until 17/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$81
Free cancellation until 17/12/22
Hotels.comUS$96
Official HotelUS$96
Agoda.comUS$144
1,034 results
All reviews tram stop minute walk star hotel rooms are modern front desk staff tourist attractions stayed here for nights ponte vecchio city
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

Centrally located clean and very accommodating! The buffet breakfast was plentiful with many choices! The staff was very friendly and spoke English which made it much easier to obtain directions and recommendations!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2019

The hotel is very nice and clean. The lobby bar and area are welcoming, especially the automated massage chair for guest use. The only draw back is it is about a 20-25 minute walk to the city sites. There are many restaurants very close to the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Jeffrey L
Reviewed 4 November 2019

The annual Florence Move chess tournament was held here from 1st-3rd November 2019 and players got a special rate for a room and breakfast. I had a junior suite on the 4th floor with a wooden floor, approximately 27 square metres but it felt a bit small and wasn't as spacious as it looked in the management photos. There wasn't enough space between the bed and the desk and it was a tight squeeze when sitting on the chair at the desk.

There was a huge couch with lots of cushions and on that side of the bed there was plenty of space but the TV on the wall opposite the bed didn't rotate to face the couch and the remote control was difficult to activate from the couch. The bed had two single mattresses with a mattress topper but I still noticed them and would have preferred one large mattress. However, the bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows. The wardrobe had two parts, one with hangers and the other with shelves, a safe and the minibar which had a nice selection of drinks and you get two free bottles of water every day. The Wifi worked very well throughout the hotel.

There were no individual toiletries in the bathroom which had no shelf space except for a small ledge under the mirror, just a dispenser of liquid soap and shampoo. The shampoo wasn't the best and I had to wash my long hair twice in two days. When using the bidet I had to go over to the soap dispenser first to get some liquid soap. There was a shower cap and a vanity set with cotton pads, Q tips and an emery board. There was no body lotion.

Some people complained about the noise but I didn't notice much noise.

There is a small gym in the basement with a bike, treadmill, stepper, multistation, benches and barbells which is fine for a workout.

The breakfast was alright but I hated the sugary juices and you had to pay extra if you wanted a freshly squeezed juice.

I had dinner and lunch at the hotel restaurant in the lobby and it was just alright, nothing special and the Caesar's salad with chicken for €10 was smothered in mayonnaise and not a real Caesar's salad dressing. It also just had a few slices of cheese on top instead of grated parmesan. There are some restaurants nearby either on the other side of the street towards the centre or turn right out of the hotel and walk to Via Il Prato where there are quite a few along with a laundrette and a Carrefour Express.

When you go out of the hotel turn right to go to the tram station for Tram 1 and get on on the same side as the hotel and the Torre della Serpe to go into the town centre. It's one stop to the end of the line Alamanni - Santa Maria Novella then you can either walk into the centre or get Tram 2 one more stop to the end of its line Unità. Tram 2 also goes the other way to the airport. Tickets cost €1.50 and you can buy them from the hotel reception.

The hotel is a 10 minute drive from the airport. Come out of the airport and turn right, go to the end of the building then turn right again to find the taxi stand were the prices are prominently displayed. It costs €22 during the day to go into town, €24 on a Bank Holiday and €25.30 at night (10pm - 6am) plus a supplement of €2.70 when catching a taxi from the airport and €1 per suitcase. However, beware of the drivers when paying by credit card. I took taxi Atene 18 and when we arrived at the hotel, the driver took my contactless credit card and before I knew it, he'd added €3 for paying by credit card. I insisted he gave me my €3 back in cash so before you hand over your credit card, make sure you see what the charge is and some of the taxi drivers obviously just can't help themselves (and I speak fluent Italian!).

The staff on reception were very friendly and I really have to compliment the amazing housekeeping staff who made up my room to look like new throughout my 4 night stay. It was a real pleasure to come back to a perfectly made-up room and this is one of the reasons I'm giving this hotel 5 stars.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank MargaretinParis
General M, General Manager at Starhotels Michelangelo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you appreciated your stay in terms of product, quality of service, and cleanliness.
We have shared your positive impressions with all hotel staff and your kind words make us very proud.
Thank you for choosing Starhotels and we hope to host you again.

Kind regards,

Laura Marina Rodio – General Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2019

We arrived late at night, and the hotel had everything ready for us. Our room was big and modern, which was lovely to see in a city hotel. The location is nice because there is a tram stop near the hotel but the train station and city centre are in walking distance (with some lovely coffee shops in between!) Our experience from the hotel was very good: Our key did not work at first but this was quickly resolved, and the price was very good for the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank vickyhudson52
Reviewed 19 October 2019

We arrived earlier than expected believing that we had arranged an early check in but that was not the case. However the Desk Manager overheard our conversation with the check clerk and immediately gave us an upgrade and allowed us to check in straight away. Fantastic service.
The rooms though not huge were very comfortable. The Hotel is located a short walk from a light rail stop so venturing into the city was very easy and quick.
The bar area was very comfortable and the staff were attentive. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food, while not gourmet was quite nice.
All in all a good hotel that I can fully recommend.

Date of stay: September 2019
3  Thank Explore49013825184
General M, General Manager at Starhotels Michelangelo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

Dear Guest,

We are really glad to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and we are grateful for your kind words about our products, location and the quality of our service.

We hope to host you here again.

Best regards,