See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed there for one night at the end of June and glad that it is only for one night. The AC is not working and it was terribly hot in Firenze. Although they got me upgraded to a suite and free frinks in the minibar...it still does not compensate to what we suffered.

The sofa in the lobby were torned and looks as if they were here since its open. The corridor were dark and almost no lights were on.

It doesn't deserve to be a 4 star hotel as they had claimed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahhly
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Me and my boyfriend we spend there 2 nights.
We had a good stay,the staff are very friendly.
Rooms are silent and clean.
If we come back in Florence we will stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2012

As a frequent Starwood guest, I was very disappointed to see that this property was not on the list for Sheraton's highly touted multi-billion dollar renovation program. While the personnel were very friendly and accomodating, it is hard to make up for the very dated decor and poorly functioning rooms (A/C didn't work despite requests for repairs). This hotel is very tired and does not compare to the rebranded Sheraton hotels across North America.

If you are looking for a hotel at a value and don't mind queing up for the free shuttle (can only pick up tickets within 10 minutes of departure) to the city, this hotel will meet your needs. We wouldn't stay here again, but I do feel there are positives if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iGoFarDallas
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The hotel is old, not well maintained, horribly located and with an appearance of dirty... Clearly not four stars by any standard.

However, it could be a decent compromise for biz travellers if it knew how to do its job as a full service hotel. I travel on business every week, and I need a few things that are not perks, but essentials. Here:
* kitchen shut at 11pm... After 36 hours on the road, I could not eat
* no uk plug adapters available... Seriously?
* no wireless available for iPads, for some strange reason... I need the bloody thing to prepare for the next day!

Never again

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Emanuele_it
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I visit this hotel once a year when going from the Netherlands to Tuscany. We travel on friday because the Saturdays in holiday season are very busy. I need a sleepover, because the rental apartments are available on saturday.

This hotel is always a nice place to be, without standing out. I'm not sure if it's the 14 hour road trip before arriving in the hotel has anything to do with it, but somehow I feel very relaxed when entering the room. They are spacious, clean and have nice beds.

The hotel is a bit dated, but everything functions. Dinner and bar are a bit to expensive, but the staff is friendly and helpful. I always pay around €100,- for the room, and that is also what this room is worth, don't pay more than that.

If you want to stay in this hotel to really visit Firenze centre, you'd might want to take a look at other hotels. This hotel is on the outskirts of the city, and you will need a 15+ minute right to the city center with the (free) shuttle. If you need a hotel while traveling, you can safely pick this one.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple