“Disappointing”

Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Description: Vegan organic restaurant, bakery and store. Open every day from 12 am to 3 pm and from 7:30 pm (closed on tuesday) for lunch and dinner. Daily menu with homepasta like lasagne, ravioli, tortelli, tagliatelle, gnocchi and as well seitan and fast food dishes for second courses! Many kind of cakes and desserts, ice creams! Little store inside with several vegan organic and fair trade products, vegan cheeses, yogurt, vegan slices, seitan. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Try vegan and organic food in Florence!
Reviewed 21 February 2017

My experience did not meet my expectation...:( My burger was just warm, and very difficult to keep together. A mess, really. I had apple pie and had to ask for something on top of it, it was that dry. The service was a bit unusual, we were expected to go up and get our own cutlery, napkins, food and drinks. The place was so small, it actually made more sense for the server to bring the food and cutlery as opposed to patrons getting up and squeezing between the tables and chairs to get our food and drinks. But that never happened.

2  Thank lastNovaScotian

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Place is very warm and the host is nice
The Food is good, no expensive and cruelty free !
I suggest this place if are a couple or alone there are good vibes
Peace

Reviewed 6 December 2016

I was really excited to try this vegan place in Florence, but the food was absolutely horrible. My mixed plate was supposed to have lasagna, croquettes, and vegetables, but the vegetables were only some undressed sprouts. The rest of the food was oily and flavorless (the lasagna was just plain pasta with marinara sauce), and worse, the lasagna was cold. The waitress offered to heat it more, but I had already waited an unreasonably long amount of time. She was otherwise unapologetic and charged me the full price. For a city with such superb food, this restaurant was overpriced, not charming, and not good. It's a shame that I wasted one of my meals in Italy on such poor food.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

We arrive around 8/9pm, two people. First, it is really small, and there are far too many tables, seats - so moving around is complicated. A child was yelling - and kept yelling for 20 minutes, really loud, and the staff nor the parents didn't care.
You have to take a menu, a pencil, and circle what you want. They were out of 5 things at least...
Both of us took ravioli, take away, as we wanted to eat in a park, and couldn't stand the child yelling really loud.
When we decided to pay, we couldn't pay by card because the machine was broken... The waitress/cook made my sister walk 1miles at least, to get cash.
When she finally got back, the family with the child left, so we decided to stay.
Also we realize they didn't have take away cutlery, so it would have been impossible to eat outside.
We ate our food, that was cold by then, and my sister had a long black hair in the food, which definitely belong to the waitress/cook!
Finally, her glass wasn't clean, and it looked like there was a booger on it, which is disgusting.
The restaurant had white/yellow walls, no paintings, bad lighting, a big TV showing an animal documentary (which meant you sometime saw animals getting eaten - in a VEGAN RESTAURANT) - and a hole in the wall, with the CHINA STUDY book...
Don't go there. I know I won't.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Dolce Vegan is a small vegan restaurant in the centre of Florence, within walking distance from the main touristic attractions.

The main dishes are original (seitan, soy cheese, tofu...), although portions are not that generous. Prices are fair, not low. Cakes and sweet pastry are amazing, though!!!

Another good point of the place is that the lady who's usually there is really friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Simone S