Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$376
Hotels.comUS$376
PricelineUS$378
TravelocityUS$376
Orbitz.comUS$376
eDreamsUS$351
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2019 via mobile

I booked the hotel on booking.com and chose wrong month. Realised that I made a mistake within a few hours in early hours Italy time. Called booking.com which tried to ask hotel not to charge me for the wrong dates (they said most hotels would agree given the circumstances). But this greedy hotel refuses to answer any call. They emailed and said they can change the dates I wanted at 600 EUR but I could see the listed price for those dates is only 450 EUR! Ridiculous. They absolutely did not suffer from my mistake and now want to profit 150EUR out of someone’s misfortune. Florence is full of crook hotels (as I later found out one more) and Hotel Magenta is certainly one of them.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank W2958NFstephaniew
Reviewed 8 October 2019

We enjoyed a comfortable, very clean, well-sized room at a very good price, which included a very filling, good continental breakfast (and excellent coffee!) in the room rate.

Excellent location as a base for exploring all of central Florence and access to public transport, and a short walk to Firenze Santa Maria Novella Station for inter-city trains. Our experience of the staff, unfortunately, varied from excellent to disappointing; some were very friendly and could not do enough to help, others seemed apathetic and made little to respond to basic requests such as timely access to an iron (listed as available). The staff experience was the difference between giving 3/5 and 4/5.

That said, Hotel Magentas was still a pleasant, excellent value for money property that provided what we needed as a place to rest between long days of exploring the wonderful city of Florence.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 20 August 2019 via mobile

Great hotel! Location is awesome 5-10 min by foot to the Ponte Vecchio and everything else downtown. 1 min from the river so you can stroll along into to city. Staff is helpful and friendly. Nice breakfast. Very quiet.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank kenlU8501DA
Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights and probably the worst place we have stayed at. My assessment is based on would I recommend this to someone else and would I stay again and my answer is NO for both. The place has no atmosphere either.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank familymcmullans
Reviewed 3 August 2019

We stayed at Hotel Magenta in the beginning of July 2019. The room was on the first floor, spacious and nicely decorated. It had air con and a very convenient fridge, both highly appreciated during the heat of the summer!
Bathroom was spotless and looked amazing, in my opinion much better than other 3* hotels!
The hotel itself is located about 5-10 minute walk from the main station (Santa Maria Novella), so it's very easy to get to and then reach the town centre.
Breakfast was quite good, plenty of choice (both sweet and savoury) and fresh coffee.
Staff were pleasant and helpful!

Date of stay: July 2019