“Fantastico!”

Ranked #73 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Upstate New York
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed 9 August 2007

I stayed at the Colomba for two nights in July with six other guests, two adults and four teen-age girls. I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay. Signora Rosanna and Signor Michele made sure everything was perfect and it sure was. The two rooms that we had were spotless and the bathrooms sparkled. We had a delicious breakfast every morning, with high quality items, like the fresh pastries and excellent juice selection. The location of this quaint hotel is fantastic, just a short walk to the Duomo, the San Lorenzo market and the Uffizi. The Accademia is just behind the corner from the hotel.
The proprietors had a few dinner recommendations and we enjoyed dinner at the San Zenobi and the Grillo Parlante restaurants (just behind another corner of the hotel). But the best part was our lunches, travelling with a group of seven people, we usually purchased deli meats, cheeses and breads from a local store. Signora Rosanna, gave us the use of her facilities for our sandwich making, and a place for us to have our lunches in her breakfast room. It made our lives a lot easier and the hotel owners went well beyond what was expected of them.
I am Italian and I stayed at many other places in Italy and I can assure that you are not going to find a better deal for the money other than at La Colomba.
I know that we will return.
Grazie Rosanna and Michele!

• Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Frilo68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2007

The Hotel Colomba is the perfect little hotel in the heart of Florence. The owners were very friendly and so helpful, it really made our stay. We were so pleased to have a quiet, air conditioned room with wireless internet in the heart of Florence. We had all of the conveniences that we could have wanted and when we stepped out the door, we were in the heart of the city. We have spent three weeks travelling around Italy and France with two very young children and this was absolutely the best place that we stayed. Thanks to Rosanne and Michael from Maurizio and family! Highly recommended!

• Liked — Location and Helpful Owners
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 6 August 2007

I stayed at Hotel Colomba for 3 nights at the beginning of August in 2007 with my girlfriend and we both loved it. The hotel is a very good location, easily walkable from the train station. Our room was very nice, the room was a very good size and it was very clean. We had a nice size bathroom and shower, wifi, mini fridge and tv.

The hotel staff was very helpful, providing maps and directions to all the sights and was always a friendly sight upon our return from sightseeing.

The location of this hotel is very good, minutes to the Duomo and minutes to all the othre great sights. We walked from our rooms to everything, had no need for taxi, bus, etc.

The breakfast was good, a mix of breads, cereals, eggs, yogurts, ham, cheese etc. They also make individual drinks (cappucino, espresso, coffee, tea) for everyone during breakfast.

Next time I am in Florence, I know where I will stay.

• Liked — Room, Location, Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Gothenburg
Reviewed 4 August 2007

To find a quadruple room in Florence is not an easy task in the first place.
We arrived at Colomba and found an hotel far above our expectations! Not only the location is perfect.
This is a family with serviceinstincts beyond anything one can dream of; from serving us an extra early wonderful breakfast ( due to an early morning flight) to mailing us our forgotten keys,wallet and stuff to Sweden! The fantastic Rosanna would not even accept us to pay for package and postage!
Throughout the years we have stayed at various places in Florence but this surely beats them all!

Vi saremo sempre grati!!
Martin Andersson, Pia Svorono, Fabio + Gabriele.
Sweden

• Liked — The Atmosphere
  • Disliked — The street outside
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 31 July 2007

After arriving in Italy and walking from the train station (which is only about 10 minutes) we arrived in front of Hotel Colomba. This is a GREAT location, only about 5 minutes walk to the Duomo and Uffizi. Lots of great tourist shopping around the area. My son and I stayed at this hotel when we first arrived in Italy. I can tell you the warm welcome was wonderful after 5 stressful days of traveling and other terrible hotels. Rooms are much bigger and cleaner than any that we had previously stayed at, and some were $500 per night. When I asked Rosanna if she knew of someplace close by where I could buy something she immediately went into her personal quarters and brought me the item I was going to go buy, at no charge. I was so happy to have booked this hotel. The breakfast is more substantial then any other hotel in Italy (or all of Europe for that matter) that we stayed. Even though we only stayed one night we were very comfortable and happy. Thank you for making the start of our Italy segment at wonderful one.

• Liked — Rosanna, the owner
  • Disliked — There was nothing that I didn't like about this hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family