US$141
Agoda.com
US$252
US$128
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

NH Firenze(Florence)
US$165
US$381
US$169
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

Hotel Cosimo de' Medici(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$115
US$516
US$323
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarmel and pinoother guestsvia guelfatrain stationwonderful hostslovely terracerick stevesmuseum reservationscentral marketthe hotel is conveniently locatedshared bathroomcoffee makerantique furnituremajor sightslate at nightsmall hotelmini fridge
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Carmel and Pino's beautifully-decorated hotel (complete with rooftop garden and parrot) was the ideal Florence home. They were also fantastic hosts--funny and full of information. I would, without hesitation, stay there again--and recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank CiaoBellaMe
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I have just completed 9 nights stay at the most lovely B&B in Florence.
Il Bargellino surpassed all my expectations-from the perfect location-a 5-10 minute walk to all major attractions, to the home away from home feeling of the rooms(#9 opens onto the beautiful terrace), to the gracious and helpful innkeepers-Carmel and Pino.
They even have an entertaining parrot-Leopoldo-in case, like me, you are missing your pets at home! Carmel and Pino were very helpful with directions, offers to make reservations, guides as to where to eat, drink and even introduced me to things in I had never heard of, such as the Ferragamo shoe museum-such a cool place!!
If you are looking for a charming and very reasonably priced B&B in Florence-give Il Bargellino a try-it was wonderful and I will go back!

Room Tip: try for a room which opens out onto the terrace!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank sailhorse
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The owner is lovely and welcoming and the rooms and hotel are beautiful and very clean. One of the best hotels I have stayed at anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Stayed here 2 nights in June, 2011. Room wasn't any great shakes, but it was clean enough. Hosts were friendly. I was surprised to see such a negative review close to the same time we stayed there. The lovely outdoor terrace was a delightful way to relax after a long day. I could see that it could get quite loud if someone decided to stay up late on the terrace. Yes, there's a 'locals' atmosphere with the TV on in the kitchen, but that's part of the charm. Our room had a clean sink shower but we used the toilet area down the hall, which was quite clean; no odors. About a 10 minute walk to train station and 10-15 minutes to Duomo.... that location was just right for us. For the price (half of what we paid in Venice for not a whole lot more), it was just right.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Seriously, I'm not sure who is writing the glorious reviews for this place, but staying here literally ruined our trip to Florenece. This is a ONE star hotel in a slightly seedy part of town. I ignored the bad review from naho82 and booked the place thinking it might be charming and that they were just being too picky. You've been warned, believe the bad reviews!
Our room was rather run down and sparse and the bathroom was disgusting. Very outdated with dirty cracked floor tiles, and the bathroom smelled so bad we had to hold our breath the whole time we were in it,
We had to ask for the remote for the air conditioner (they had just given us a fan) and when we would come back from outings we would find the air condiditoner off, I'm assuming someone sneaked in and turned it off, because other times when we were there the air conditioner stayed on fine.
One time when we returned from an outing we found our door wide open with our cameras. etc.. in fulI view. Not sure how long they had left it like this, or why the door was open. We made sure that we took all our valuables with us from that point on.
Our first night there, the proprietors with their family and freinds, partied very loudly in the common area, until about 12:30 at night, when finally a guest asked them to quiet down. I thought it very odd that they would do this with guests staying at the hotel . Between the partying and the street noise I got very little sleep. i had to go buy earplugs for the second night. We desperately tried to find another hotel, but everything in town was booked so we were stuck there for 2 miserable nights.
There was no fridge, no TV, no internet connection, no breakfast. For the price they charged I expected much, much nicer. We traveld to 4 other cities and this was the only dog we stayed in. The place we stayed in Rome was 100x nicer, had fridge, tv, internet, breakfast and was only $20/Euros more a night
If you stay here, you're getting ripped off. I don't think it is just that we had a bad room, I heard some kids who were staying there laughing about their rooms saying they were like their dorm rooms.

PROS: Close to train station, Terrace was nice, Beds were actually half way comfortable, they gave a good recommendation for dinner

CONS: Not the greatest part of town, atmosphere of a hostel, run down, dirty and smelly bathroom, noisy, owners who didn't really respect the guests, over priced, air condidtioner doesn't work that well, no TV, no internet, no breakfast, no fridge.

I've never written a review before, but felt I had to for this. I absolutely have no idea why this is in Rick Steve's book and i am truly stumped why people are writing glowing reviews of the place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Travel65_11
IlBargellino, Owner at Hotel Il Bargellino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

My husband and I live here in the hotel and we do sometimes entertain. Most guests participate and enjoy the experience as an evening to remember! Unfortunately this was not the case with these guests and I can only say that if something had been said at the time they were feeling annoyed, much discontent could have been avoided.

All rooms and bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned daily. Room doors are left open during daily cleaning. There is nothing sinister about this. The premises and front door are monitored 24/7 by both video camera and human presence.

Free wi-fi internet access is available throughout the hotel and out on our terrace. Guests need only ask for the password.

Refrigerator, fan, hairdryer, espresso maker, microwave, wine glasses, iron etc. are all amenities that are either in the room or available for guests to use.

Our air conditioners are all new and work very well. A/C is available in only 5 of our double rooms. Therefore it is not included as a matter of course in our very reasonable rates. The remote is given to guests in rooms where A/C is available upon request. It may be left on at the discretion of guests any time they are in their room and is turned off when they’re out. This is for energy conservation and there is nothing sneaky about it.

None of our rooms are similar in anyway to dorms. All beds and mattresses are new and quite comfortable so I’m not sure what was misunderstood in a casually overheard conversation.