New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #46 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Yerevan, Armenia
“Incredibly good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

So much comfortable in every respect! Excellent location, excellent service, fantastic breakfast, top quality restaurant/dinner, room/bathroom facilities/decoration very good. Everything was great, but want to mention specifically the waiter at the restaurant - what a service! Thank you so much! Would definitely choose this hotel for my next and any other stay in Florence.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor ! We can only say thank you very much and we await to welcome you in the future .

Guest Relations Manager
Hotel Villa la Vedetta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Been to many 5 Stars Hotels this is provable the best we have enjoy.
The Hotel was superv, Food was exelent, Staff were the most friendly and very helpfull, Their English were very good, the room were beautiful, the views expectacular, the distance to the city was 15 mits but also when we dint wanted to walk the hotel shuttle service was very good. in all I highly recommended, Roberto the in charge!!! and Lora were just fantastic. I will definatelly stay back in this Hotel with out question. I read other people comments here and I just think some people leave in cuckoo land they want every thing for nothing... well I have been staying in Hotels that cost over £3700 pounds per night and this hotel is as good if not better. My advice is try for your self and ignore the negative comments as its untrue in my oppinion.

Room Tip: Best Hotel for service and views I ever been
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Francisco ,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor ! You really made all the staff happy and proud for your kind words .
Especially Laura is very happy for beeing an important part of the sweet memory of your stay that you will keep for always in your heart .
We all await for your next stay at "la Vedetta"
Thank you very much for your time and attention

Hotel Villa la Vedetta
Lanikai, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We only had time for one night in Florence and it was by far my favorite night while visiting Italy. Laura at the front desk was so welcoming and helpful about where to go. The hotel is walk from the center of town but really only took us maybe 15-20 minutes and it was such a beautiful walk. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to town if you prefer not walk. I plan on coming back to Florence again and this is the only hotel i will stay at.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amanda F
Dear Amanda,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. Our guest satisfaction is our best satisfaction ! I thank you on behalf of my staff and a particular greeting from Laura .

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights march 2012.
The property is an a beautiful location, the staff was very nice and the rooms were clean and the bathroom was big which is a plus.
The door know of our room broke and was never fixed. In the last day there, the shower drain clogged which caused the whole bathroom floor to flood, my wife and I were not happy about that at all. We had a continental breakfast there just the first morning and we assume it was complementary (as it has been in every hotel in our tour of Italy), when we checked out they charge us 56 euros for the "breakfast" we had of some juice and bread, but then again, that was our mistake for assuming things...
If you get a good deal in this hotel I would say book it, you will love it!, just have in mind it is a 5 star Hotel with 5 star prices!

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor .I feel sorry and apologize for the problem occurred during your stay .
The lock was apperently fixed by our work man twice ,but as you mention not properly ! Now after your concern and my personal attention the lock has been definetely fixed .
Regarding the breakafst charge I am very sorry but the cost of our buffet breakfast of 28 euro per person/day is very clear and visible in all the reservations system and is never included .
There must have been a real misunderstanding and I apologize for this but I guarantee that we will improve our system to better explain this and avoid future inconvenience .
Thank you very much for your time and attention

Commerce City, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

My wife Sue and I went to Italy and did 7 cities in 14 days for our 26th anniversary. It was hit and run most places with the longest stay four days in Firenza at the Villa la Vedetta. Villa la Vedetta is a converted villa that is about 100 yds south of Plaza Michelangelo. I can’t say all rooms have a view of the city, luckily ours did, but if not, their back patio or rooftop viewing area has a spectacular view of the entire city. The rooms, though a little dated, were large and comfortable.

However, a comfortable bed and a view don’t make a great hotel, the staff does. From the moment we got there, we weren’t treated like guests, we were treated like family. Everyone from the Manager to the maids went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable stay. I also need to give special mention to Valentina at the front desk and David the restaurant Manager.

Valentina’s warm smile greeted you every morning when you came by the front desk. If you needed to find anything, a restaurant, a laundry mat or a shop, she not only found out where it was but how to get you there. She even helped us find the @ symbol on a European keyboard.

The single most relaxing night Sue and I had on this trip was diner at the Onice restaurant in the villa. The food on the menu looked very good and we wanted to have some wine with each course and dessert. One problem, we are wine rookies, so we asked David to pick the wine for us. David is a big man and a little imposing maybe but if you want to see his face light up, ask him about wine. Not only did he pick three excellent wines, he told us about where it was grown, the type of soil and the flavors we should expect in the wine. As he passed on his knowledge, you could tell how much he loved wine. Lastly, what looked good on the menu was delicious in our mouths. Good food, good wine and with David’s help, a great evening.

This was our first time in Firenza but we loved it so much, we know it won’t be our last. When we come back, we will stay at Villa la Vedetta. Grazie.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north or east
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim O
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Tim and Sue,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor ! I am very happy that all my staff ,especially Valentina ensured you all the best attention .
It is very important for all of us to know that all the daily efforts converted your stay in the most memorable one ! this is our best satisfction and if you ever decide to come back ,we will be very happy to welcome you and your family again at Villa la Vedetta.
Thank you very much for your kind attention

Guest Relations Manager