Florence and Villa La Vedetta was the second stop during our Italian tour this November. Florence itself is a relatively small city so after arriving at the train station we were only a short 15 minute taxi ride up to the hotel. Villa La Vedetta is not in the heart of the city's center but it's beauty is the the opportunity to wake up and enjoy the postcard views of all of Florence from your room or the hotel's terrace. The Villa is very charming and picturesque from all angles ... adorable common rooms where they serve tea and biscuits, comfortable and elegant suites and relaxing views from both the garden and the hotel's terrace. They also have a pool which would have been fabulous to dive into during our stay but decided against it to avoid the November chill.
Villa la Vedetta is a short 100 meter walk away from the popular Piazza Michelangelo where you have the opportunity to take in the expansive view of Florence and it's surrounding hills OR admire the bronze replica of the "David". As I mentioned earlier, the Villa isn't placed centrally in Florence therefore you have a couple options to get to the city's center. You can hike the 20 minute trek down the hill and across the Ponte Vechio bridge, take the complementary shuttle from the Villa which drops you off near the city center, or catch a taxi. We like to be adventurous and active so opted to do the hike on most days. If you choose to take the shuttle keep in mind that it runs from 9am - 7pm so if you are taking a late dinner you may need to think of an alternative route to getting back to the Villa at night. If you decide to hike up the hill back to the hotel, the trail is very safe and you will often see other tourists or locals walking the same path.
The only downside we had was the odors that came from the restroom in our room. During the mornings we often smelled a 'sewage' smell.
Overall we had a wonderful and relaxing time at Villa La Vedetta and would recommend it to other travelers looking for a peaceful stay away from the hustle of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true 'Urban Resort' unique in Florence. Romantic neo-renaissance villa, today a lavish hotel of only 18 deluxe rooms and suites in exclusive panoramic position on Piazzale Michelangelo, with breathtaking view of Florence only a few steps from Ponte Vecchio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa La Vedetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Vedetta Hotel Florence
- Hotel La Vedetta
- Boutique Hotel La Vedetta